Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nightlife in the Dolomites

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi people, I might be taking a job in the Dolomites this winter. I know how god the skiing can be, but I'm guessing that the Apres and the bar scene is a bit limited. I'm used to being in Mayrhofen, so I realise that most places are going to be quiet in comparison (though last season was very quiet in Mayrhofen). The three resorts I could be sent to are Arabba, Corvara and Badia, anyone got any experiences of them?

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You may want to lower your nightlife expectations somewhat! I think Corvara may be the liveliest(!), I think it's the biggest anyway. There's not a great deal going on in Arabba, and Badia (Pedraces?) is pretty small. You'll find more life in Selva and Canazei.

Corvara and Arabba would be the better locations due to their proximity to the Sella Ronda rather than being out on a limb, although all three areas are linked up. Never mind the drinking, there's plenty of skiing to do!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@huw_jenks, For nightlife, I would suggest Corvara might be better. Arabba would be good when the collective Snowheads descend for the Birthday Bash. Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Selva wasn't great and arabba was very quiet.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Better spend your evenings in a quiet local bars learning Italian by chatting up the locals!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
madlondoner wrote:
Selva wasn't great and arabba was very quiet.

I like "very quiet".
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I stayed in Corvara last March. Only two apres bars in the village. One next to the Boe gondola and one next to the La Perla hotel. Bar next to Boe gondola is ok but not that lively. Apres bar L'Murin next to the La perla hotel is much more livelier. Other than that for later in the evening there are only hotel bars but none of them were particularly lively. There is a proper bar called Iceberg Lounge attached to the Col Alto hotel and this could be busy (though not when we were there). I'm sure I saw posters for a disco called (Pub underground) but I never actually came across it and have no idea where it is.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's fine to like very quiet but this person was asking about the nightlife! The skiing is great there, as is the scenery but if you want decent après, probably best to head elsewhere.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had a great couple of nights last year in Selva thanks to my girlfriends very generous family and some Grappa Embarassed

There is a nightclub there, but its mainly bars serving till late (3 in the morning) which there are a few. Depends what you want really but if you're with a good group of people you'll find a good night out.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm aware that nightlife is never going to be close to what I know in Austria, but I just wanted some indication of how different it could be. Frankly, I'm pleased to hear that bars actually do exist in this part of the Alps, as I had began to wonder. I don't think I will miss dancing on the tables in my ski boots too much, more like Scotland Yard and so on. It sounds like Corvara could be a good bet then? If I'm offered any choice that is.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
All the bars in selva seemed to cater for the German Middle aged europop crowd. It felt quite an old resort and there were many Brits in the bars in the evening.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@huw_jenks, Arabba and Corvara are comparable and OK. Badia is tumbleweedsville...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Portavescovo bar & Sports bar are the main highlights to Arraba night life. It gets lively on the Birthday bash!!! not sure what its like when SH aren't around LOL.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PV bar is very quiet without SH.
However i would say Bar Peter is the more lively of the 2 anytime.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I would have thought the St Moritz (top of the Alta Badia bubble) would be ok for apres based purely on what it sounds/looks like when I've skied past at 4pm

Las Vegas (top of Piz Sorega) is quite fun for a sundowner on the terrace, and Wednesday nights is party night where they lay on transport up/down the hill but quite a few locals skin up and then ski down. A few snowHead have been known to ski down as well, some more succesfully than others

As I've said before on here, Edelweiss above Colfosco does a passable impression of apres - rowdy cheesy europop, even dancing on tables and then skiing down in the dark..
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy