Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow and Rock, Exeter, boot fitting.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
has anyone any experience of the proficiency of the boot fitters in S&R in Exeter? Mrs SB wants a pair, cheers.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Had mine done there, seemed okay but I do sometimes have pain in my feet. I put that down to my own feedback though, its easy to stand in a shop and think everything feels fine but once you start putting force through your foot on the slopes then it can be totally different. It also doesn't help that I have very wide feet and quite high arches. I seem to get an issue during the morning session but after a stop for coffee and a quick adjustment then can ski the rest of the day happily.

Of course this is probably irrelevant as would imagine that the girl who served me has moved on.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not impressed with S&R in Exeter. I was in there looking at skis but could overhear the boot fitting conversation which left a lot to be desired! Take a trip to Snow Trax at Christchurch, excellent service.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd question whether S&R actually has much mileage left in it's shop/retail business.
Exeter always strikes me as a dreary shop window for overpriced outdoor wear. Usually more staff than customers and limited stock lines. OK for sizing the odd item prior to buying it online.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Went down to S&R today. They went to get the boot fitter and I was a little concerned as he did look rather young...Turns out he's been fitting boots for three years and is going to Morzine this season to work as a boot fitter/ski tech/hire bloke.

He did a fantastic job and spent about 2 1/2 hours getting the boots comfortable and snug for Mrs SB. He really did seem to know his stuff. Obviously we won't really know until the boots are used in anger, but Mrs SB is pretty confident.She's goung to go to a local dry slope soon to give them a test drive. Will report back.

I'm going back there next week as he says he can sort out my heel lift issues in my boots.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sequoiaboard wrote:
WTurns out he's been fitting boots for three years and is going to Morzine this season to work as a boot fitter/ski tech/hire bloke.

I was thinking about this thread the other day and it occurred to me that people quite often ask about experiences at certain shops etc. but the staff can change so much from season to season that it can vary greatly. Admittedly if people have bad experiences then it may reflect badly on the training process of a store, but that's not to say that they didn't get served by a numpty employee that promptly got fired, or that this season's staff aren't experienced and helpful.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just to give balance I had my boots fitted by a blonde girl. (All I can remember) at snr exeter. She was thorough and methodical. I tried every pair in my size in the shop and actually ended up with the cheapest as they were the best starting fit. Felt no pressure to buy anything more expensive and then she spent 2 hrs getting them spot on. I did opt for custom fitness as I was all over having sore feet. Best fitting pair of boots I've ever had. I really need a new pair but don't want to change them.
Tim
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy