Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Does this sound doable - 4 days in Saalbach

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Flying into Munich Friday night, landing at about 10pm, picking up rental car, driving to Saalbach, staying until Tuesday, flying out on Tuesday at about 8:30pm

Have out a deposit down on hotel, however having been to neither Munich nor Saalbach whilst it sounds good to me, I'm not sure if there will be unforeseen issues.

I've read a few threads on here about the drive and it sounds ok. Going early February 2016.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Legend., You shouldn't have any problems with these timings. Traffic should be light; the only unknown is the weather, but unless you encounter a blizzard, this should not be an issue either. Most of the journey is on motorways. The last 50 km is on a good road. There are no high passes or mountain roads with hairpin bends to contend with. Reckon on about 3 hours and maybe allow a bit more on the trip back in case you catch the tail end of the Munich rush hour.

If you use this route you won't need a toll sticker (vignette); Munich - A8 to Siegsdorf exit - Inzell - Lofer - Saalfelden - Saalbach
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ahh that sounds pretty good. Don't really fancy a difficult blizzard ridden drive at midnight so hopefully it'll be a breeze. Thanks.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Legend., should be fine.

I have driven that road in a blizzard, and it's not really a problem - it's a pretty flat valley road.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cool. Thanks. Sounds like my hastily made plans will work a treat.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It really is a straight forward drive, I have done it in all weathers and the only tricky moment involved a HUGE stag and an associated herd of deer at dusk one evening.

You will have a great time I am sure.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Done this exact sort of thing before too. Obviously for your first night you won't get to salbaach till well past midnight so check that your hotel will let you check in that late. Also sometimes the car hire desk shuts at a certain time so check that they are still open for your arrival. Reckon about 30 mins from touch down to exiting reclaim unless you have skis, as the times I have been to Munich they have been the last things out and are brought out on a trolley at the far end of the reclaim hall.
On your return if the weather is ok you should be OK to ski till about 3-4 ish. There will probably be a bit of traffic on the motorway before Munich as its a normal working day. If it's snowing heavily then be careful as when it happened to me I got stuck in lots of traffic and only got to the easy jet check in at the same time as the scheduled 9pm departure. Luckily the plane was delayed too and they let me through but only after I insisted on them making phone calls. Oh yea don't speed on the motorway round Munich as I got done by a speed camera and got a ticket to my home address the following June after my March 1st trip. 110 euro fine paid as I wanted to go back to Germany without worries.
Have a good time as its a great resort that will be even better now with the new fieberbrunn link.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy