Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fake arc'teryx?!!

Poster: A snowHead
Wow, I never thought my first post would be something midly useful, but this just might be...

I was recently looking through ebay for ski jackets and found lots of Spyder jackets at very good prices. I thought they were too good to be true and sure enough, after reading the snowHeads topic about fake Spyder gear (topic: Is it a hoax?), I realised they were indeed fakes.

Anyway, I then moved my interests to arc'teryx jackets and found lots of very nice looking ones on ebay, one of which I nearly bought as it was at an extrodinarily decent price. With the fake Spyders in mind, I did however think twice and decided to search "fake arc'teryx" in google and found this article.

Now a little suspicious, I looked at the seller's past feedback and discovered most of the previous items sold were clearly fake Spyder jackets! Not only that, the most recent feedback (on 7th jan '06) was for a 'Canada Goose' jacket, the other brand mentioned in the article! It could be entirely coincidental but it does seem very fishy.

So, this leads me to believe that we could see more counterfeited arc'teryx gear on ebay in the future so just be aware. The jacket I looked at looked VERY good, indistinguishable in fact from the actual jacket (I was in a ski shop today so took a look at the real deal) even down to the arc'teryx and Gore-Tex labels and waterproof zips. Not suggesting it wasn't the 'real deal' but, all things considered, I wouldn't bet on it.

Hope this is of help as I wouldn't want anyone to get stung.

Take care, Si

p.s. the seller in question was called cliffsidepark07010.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very interesting indeed. And Welcome to Snowheads!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't touch clothing on ebay any more, it is 90% fake copies and if you're lucky enough not to pick up a fake it is probably knock off. Apparantly some of the better fakes actually come out of the same factories in the same materials in the far east so are almost like outlet goods, but whats the point in taking the chance and spoiling your holiday when you're freezing on the mountain?. I have noticed that they only seem to fake one model though like north face summits or spyders with no model name. The fake thing has made ebay a complete waste of time to me now though, and ebay have allowed it to turn them into a global counterfeit store.......saying that I did get some nice oakley juliets at 100 off list Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I bought a 45 quid TNF goretex xcr jacket from a bulgarian on ebay..... very very good copy right down to the TNF zip tags but deff NOT made from goretex, still for 45 quid it looks good around town... until it rains !
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Royal, by buying fake gear off ebay you're perpetuating the problem Mad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So I'm pretty sure I won't be buying clothing from ebay now. Went for a Mountain Hardware Interconnect jacket in the end which I like a lot - at snow+rock it's £208 which is really good value for the amount of features, plus it fit's perfectly (although maybe a bit larger than you'd expect - I fit a North Face medium but for Mountain Hardware I had to go large).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I haven' t come across any questionable items from ebay yet and i've bought 6 jackets, a pair of pants and bibs.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Royal wrote:
still for 45 quid it looks good around town... until it rains !

Nothing looks good when it rains... not even jackets for 800 or 900eur. Sad I had and still have plenty of them, but nothing works when you are out on rain for few hours, except rain coats Wink

PS: Personally I don't bother with fake ski clothes, but with cycling, I had really good experience with fake Chinese stuff... for 20% of real price. But that's more of exception then rule.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have expensive watch and almost identical fake, the one some people have said mmm like your watch is it a. .is the fake
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
simonjpmason, Excellent first post! Welcome to the madhouse snowHead

Cynic, I have a 'real' watch too. Tossed up between white leather and titanium strap and opted for 'sensible'. Half regret it now, but ordering the leather strap is around £130.... Any idea where I can get a fake one? Toofy Grin Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thread resurrection!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sitter, Laughing Laughing Oh yeah.... didn't notice... clearly need more coffee rolling eyes
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Schuss in Boots, since 2006 just type into google fake strap wanted for. ...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FWIW thankfully fake watches are getting much harder to come by. Obviously most originate from the Far East, but the authorities close down stores, factories etc as soon as they are aware of them and fine them heavily, at least that's the way it is in southern China were I visit (Shenzen & dongguan) not so in Hong Kong were they are still relatively readily available. This does not just apply to watches but fakes of any description, not saying they are still not available but they are much harder to come by. even the locals struggle to buy them now.

But WTF. Would you want one anyway, you only look like a prick when you're found out, if you don't want to cough up for a genuine watch just buy a Casio or a Seiko at least it won't look like a pile of crap after 6 months and no one is going to think any less of you.

Warning anyone going to Far East and thinking of buying a fake watch DON'T if you get caught the fine is about twice as much as I paid for a genuine Tag Aquaracer and trust me security are hot on it.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

I'd never buy ski gear off eBay. In fact, these days eBay is as massive pain in the @rse.
snow report
Cynic, Kel, Thanks Very Happy But in all honesty.... tongue was ever so slightly shoved in cheek.... wink
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots,

Rrarrrrrr, in all honesty my reply was not directed at you but more to cynic over his claim of a fake watch being almost identical to the real thing.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy