Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amade and Salzburg Super Ski - Snow Reports 2015 - 16

Poster: A snowHead
Blowing snow on the Planai last night. Very Happy

Looking forward to reports from the regulars.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 6-12-15 19:08; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes........, best thread on Snowheads Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not bad for October!?!

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@flangesax, Great stuff. Keep those reports coming. Looks like there is snow down to the midstation on the Planai.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Where's the 'like' button? Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
When did they get that picture of you @flangesax ?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ooooh thats better! Was this on page 2 Shocked

As I said, lovely first days skiing here at Flachau today. Skiing to valley was great, obviously its mostly man made snow at the moment but its all good.
Resort still very quiet, a few of the bigger huts still closed, but there are plenty that are open. Felt almost like spring skiing, with plus 6 temps at the top, rock hard pistes, plenty of sun for next week. If anyone has some time and are pondering if a pre christmas trip is do able, I would most definitely say its worth it Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How much is the 2015/16 season pass?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How much is the 2015/16 season pass?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Kooky, I was at Wagrain yesterday with the flangesax family and a friend who hadn't skied other than a 5-day school trip 26 years ago. Ben soon had her linking turns on a blue piste in fairly challenging conditions (soft in the sun, very hard and marbly in the shade). Just a flying visit for me, I'll be back properly late January, hope to catch up with you then.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@1969jma, I think you've missed the date for the cheaper advance season pass so it's €554 now for Ski Amadé or €684 for SSSC. Even so, €684 for a season with 2,500km of pistes is pretty hard to beat.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I skied from Wagrain to Alpendorf and back last Sat (28th November) and as far as I could see there is a) more natural snow than this time last season and b) it is colder at night, so they can blow snow just about every night on the mountains. This time last season there were no frosts at night, so blowing snow was not very successful. We also still have a little snow (natural) remaining on the mountain opposite my village, again something we did not have until late December last year.

Last season we could not ski across to St Jo/Alpendorf at the beginning of Christmas week, although they opened the links by the Tuesday before Christmas (so about Dec 23rd). The first big snow came on or around Boxing Day and the Saturday after Christmas we had really heavy snow right the way across to the Channel coast. I know this for certain because I was guiding a friend back to the Channel by the lowest possible route using motorways. I was messaging him and his family where all the hold ups were and guiding them around the hills and not so major roads he'd used on the way down to shorten his route. He took 24 hours to get back home and has decided to get winter tyres for his Beamer before coming out this season! My incoming guests also took the best part of 14 hours to come down from an address in NE Germany, I'd almost given up on them turning up.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Samerberg Sue, or anyone else... We head to Wagrain for Christmas week. We'll be looking to get Jnr in ski school for a few days - we might have some lessons too. Any recommendations (think you have mentioned Rot-Weiss-Rot)? We're staying near to the Flying Mozart, but could get the us G-link over to the Graffenberg.

Don't mind the main language of the group not being English as long as the instructor speaks it. Jnr speaks a little German, but wouldn't fancy having to get by with instruction in German!

Anyone heading to the Crashed Ice thing in Wagrain on 19th?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@hammerite, I can only recommend either Rot-Weiß-Rot or Rubi Hüber, I don't know any of the others. No big deal to get across to the Graffenberg with the shuttle bus in the morning. I can probably get you a discount at R-W-R by the way.

I'm in Altenmarkt from the 19th Dec but will be mostly skiing around Flachau/Wagrain (Red 8er and piste 31 is my favourite area) and Wagrain/Alpendorf. how much skiing I can do depends on how quickly I recover from this Whooping Cough and the virus that have been bugging me for the past month.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Samerberg Sue, great thanks Sue
snow conditions
@hammerite, I agree with Sue re getting the bus - I'm convinced it'll be quicker than going up the mozart and waiting for a g-link. it just seems to take forever.
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, where we stay is about 20m from the bus stop too.
snow report
Skied Schladming, Haus and Hochwerzen Thurs 3 Dec to Sun 6 Dec. Excellent conditions overall with fantastic skiing top to bottom at Schladming and Haus and a track down all the way at Hochwerzen but less open here. The snow is holding up remarkably well. Resort empty Thurs and Fri and then filled up with season opening party goers at the weekend.
latest report
@hammerite, there you go then
snow conditions
2 weeks until I get out there. No full season for me now that I am back in the constraining 'World of Workcrap' *sob sob* but I will get a few weeks of chairlift snuggling with Kooky, catching up with the flanges and of course, a dinner with @Samerberg Sue.

Hopefully see a few more of you over the Xmas and NY period Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Mid Feb and Late March at the moment for me @Scarpa, hope you're there same times as me
snow report
23rd to 31st Jan and 5th to 12th March for me. Looks like I will miss you @Timberwolf as I can't do school holidays, doh!
ski holidays
Now I know your dates QB, I have something to aim for 😉
ski holidays
Now I know both your dates I can get some skiing booked during the quiet times wink NehNeh
ski holidays
Hello @Bez, bist du a local innit?
latest report
flangesax wrote:
Hello @Bez, bist du a local innit?
Nope, just an early season tourist.
ski holidays
@Bez, That means you were about for the Tenacious D concert!... Shame, we could have met up and got spilt gluhwein together!
latest report
I understand that there is a little bit of snow tonight, but not a lot more forecast between now and when we head out. It does look like it's turning colder, at least night/mornings, are the snow cannons on over drive at the moment?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
flangesax wrote:
@Bez, That means you were about for the Tenacious D concert!... Shame, we could have met up and got spilt gluhwein together!
Maybe next time.....I think that I've only just recovered!
ski holidays
What's it like at Schladming? MrHL has never been and I thought we'd pop over this weekend
latest report
I may be heading over tomorrow as Mabel has training there... but I ain't got no wheelz so may skip it Sad
ski holidays
@flangesax, have you got wheelz over the weekend? we will have a car sat - tues....
snow report
@flangesax, yep... Ange is off shopping for coffee at Europark
ski holidays
@hammerite, guns were on full blast last night, and I had to scrape frost off my car for the first time this year this morning!

I skied Flachau over to StJo on Wed and have to say the conditions were really great! Almost had the place to myself, and there are open valley runs down to Space Jet 1, the Acther Jet, the Red 8er and Flying Mozart. All of them were in tip top condition, a few stones here and there but nothing to worry about.
The best snow was over on the Alpendorf side, the runs by the Strassalm were really just perfect
Madeye-Smiley although the valley runs that side are not there at all, very green.

I took some pics but don't seem to be able to upload them.
snow report

Looking over to Radstadt

This was Flachau at 11am! Not often you see it that empty, but then again at only 1200m its too low for early snow Wink

snow report
@Kooky, excellent. . Hope to catch you on Sunday x
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, for sure! I think a little apres in the Dampfkessel may be called for Madeye-Smiley
snow report
It probably isn't open yet ladies!
ski holidays
I'll check it out tomorrow Happy
latest report
I'll check it out tomorrow Happy..they've been posting all week...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy