Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Smaller Austrian resorts with access to large ski areas

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I was hoping to go to some of the larger ski resorts in Austria this year (Ischgl, mayrhofen etc), but I have left it too late to find the right accommodation for our group in Feb. Before I compromise on the accommodation I would like to look at some of the less famous/smaller resorts that have access to the larger resorts. Can anyone recommend any that have a lively apres ski (fun bars and restaurants) and excellent intermediate skiing in early feb? Requirement for grea snow is a given Smile

We fly into Munich if that matters.

Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For Ischgl, have you checked out Galtur or Kappl for accommodation? (Only abus ride away)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@sunnek, Fieberbrunn or Viehhofen - Linked to Saalbach/Hinterglemm, also try Soll or Westendorf for the Ski Welt. Kirchberg which is next to Kitzbuhel. Have a look at Schladming and also the other resorts in the Zillertal Valley (location of Mayrhofen) too.

There are many places you should be able to find accommodation with ample intermediate skiing and nightlife without the need for buses everyday/night.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fieberbrunn and Leogang for direct access to the Saalbach-hinterglemm Ski Circus. Viehhofen is down the valley from Saalbach, but has no real village or nightlife, so really just a place to sleep.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@quinton, benefit with Viehhofen is that you can get taxis up the valley cheaply for nightlife where as in Fieberbrunn/Leogang you would have to put up with the nightlife there as taxis to Saalbach for the partying would be pretty pricey.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@sunnek,
Cute tiny villages tend not to have the liveliest nightlife, but you can quite easily get from Galtur and Kappl to Ischgl as posted above. Also Stuben or other places less linked for St Anton.

Maybe somewhere like the Gastein valley?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks All....that is really helpful.....time to get Googling Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What about changing the week? If it is british half term you will face difficulties this year, as many countries have the same holidays this year. Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@sunnek, what are the actual dates you are considering, that way one of us based over here can look to see how bad it might be or not.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We will be there Feb 6th. FLights are already booked. Thanks.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That is the busiest week as it is Fasching week. But it is nowhere near as chaotic as some French resorts at similar peak times. All of Bavaria, Saarland and Baden-Würtemburg are on holiday for sure in Germany. The investment in uplift means the crowds are rapidly dispersed with only one or two hold ups. Avoiding the usual suspects is the most important consideration, I.e. Where foreign and local tour operators bring in huge numbers
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
try Warth Schroeken, its tagged to the Lech Zurs (and I guess St Anton too) area, should be more than enough.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No Warth, is not interlinked with St.Anton (not yet, it is coming in winter 16/17)
Still Warth could indeed be a good option. (Lech-Warth-Zürs has 190 km piste)
But Warth is small and very popular, so might be difficult as well. And Warth is not for apres.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I don't think it matters too much if you are part of a group and stay in a smaller resort because you can have fun yourselves, there will always be other people around with apres spirit . . . Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kappl worked for us 2 years running and would return again in a heartbeat.
Have done Stuben before as well and that worked a treat too. Every time it was with the family.
ski holidays
@sunnek, Try Stuben, it links in with St Anton, and is closer to Zurs where some of the better skiing around Lech/Zurz is. It's also much cheaper than other satellite villages such as Warth Schrocken. But expect night life to be quieter that St Anton!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy