Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis for a very short adult.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My Daughter is 4'11" tall in her ski boots and 7.5st in weight and 23yo. She has a BASI L2 snowboard qualification, but now also requires BASI L1 skiing. She hasn't skied since she was 10yo.

My dilemma being, when putting her stats into a ski length calculator, the recommendations generated are 132-140cm. Less than 140cm appear to be kids skis only. I'll be none too popular if I offer up a pair with either Minions or the Bratz cartooned topsheets. Confused

Can anyone recommend an on piste ski, suitable for an 'improving' adult at less than 140cm in length.

I'm thinking RC4, but are they too race orientated?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
r@Mollerski, "race" based piste skis wwould almost certainly be fine...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rockered skis ski much shorter than they are.

I'm sure she'd be fine on something like a Rossignol Temptation 80 in a 144.

http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/1324864/products/rossignol_temptation_80_2016_womens_all_conditions_skis_with_bindings.aspx
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers guys, but her BF is a BASI ski instructor. He's saying to not go above chin height, this measures at around 132cm! She's practically into blades or toy skis!! Confused

A recommend in either Salomon, Rossi or Atomic would be great as she can obtain BASI discount on these brands.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Temptation line has 30% tip and tail rocker which means roughly a 100cm effective edge on the 144s - they will feel like snowblades!!

It'll be the same for loads of similar skis.

Can she demo any?

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 19-10-15 23:46; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Temptation ones are included in the Rossignol instructor offer.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My son is 8. He's 142cm (4' 8") and 36kg (5st 10lb). He trains and races on Salomon SL JR @ 138cm. He also has a pair of K2 Juvy Twin Tips at 139cm. Your daughter should easily be able to handle something in the high 130s. The only caveat I'd make is that if she is doing in on a dry slope then she may want to go a tad shorter.

Getting short sizes on the BASI deal might be tough. They certainly don't include junior skis on most deals. It may need a call. It is also worth contacting the Dynastar rep directly (he frequents the BASI FB pages). They do BASI deals but as they won't give BASI a cut they aren't on the website. Any Dynastar dealer will do the BASI deal.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My daughter was only just 16 when she did her L1. Although taller she was very slight and weighed about the same. Got her some Blizzard Viva Ultrasonics in 153cm which she had no problems skiing.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks everyone for the replies.
I spotted a pair of Sally Q-Lux jnr 2015 140cm heavily discounted. She's bought them.
They should be fine. She'll only use them for training and assessment.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have you ever tried the Atomic ETL 123 ?

These are a great short ski for adults ... quite heavy but good fun. 123cm
I think ETL stands for "Easy To Learn" ... I like to use them now and again (they are my wife's)
I'm nearly 14 stone Smile & 5' 11"
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nothing wrong with kids skis.

One of the people in my Adult coaching group at Hemel uses Head iSL team at 141 and does just fine!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy