Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer from Brides-les-Bains to La Grave

Poster: A snowHead
Need some advice from the fellow SH's. I have two weeks of skiing planned for end Feb, beginning of March next year. They are in different locations, so I have to move myself and my gear from Brides-les-Bains to La Grave. Google maps doesn't provide any public transport options (!) and renting a car is not very practical (or cheap for that matter). Any ideas would be very much appreciated. I have already been told by close friends that I could ski tour between the two, but I will keep that as a last resort Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's a tough one - if you could get yourself to Chambery via Monetier, then the train to Oulx and then the bus to Serre Chevalier - and then get a lift over to LG - nearer the time I could probably confirm that I could take you to LG from Serre.

But like I say tough trip.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@irbis, could you get a transfer from BLB to Grenoble and then from Grenoble to Serre Chevalier? Then bus/taxi/lift/hitch to La Grave?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Gämsbock, that all depends if the road from Grenoble to La Grave is open - more info on that here
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=120415
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agree with @Weathercam. I can't see the D1091 opening again soon.
Taxi or local bus from Brides les Bains to Moutiers Station
The train from Moutiers to Oulx is about 20 Euros one way and you have to change at Chambery and it takes 4 hours. http://uk.voyages-sncf.com/choose-your-outbound-journey
Bus from Oulx to Monetiers les bains is 9 Euros one way http://www.autocars-resalp.com/ and takes about an hour and a half.
Taxi to La Grave or prevail upon @Weathercam

The Feb March fares/timetables are not available yet but this should give you a bit of an idea.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Weathercam, won't there still be transfers from Grenoble to Serre Chevalier, just the long way round?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Gämsbock, http://www.alpine-transfer-company.com/tunnel-closure-important-information/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Hells Bells, so yes, via Frejus.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Gämsbock, ATC operate private transfers but there is usually a public bus service from the train station. Perhaps the serre chevalier site may have details.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Hells Bells, it's not for me, I was just trying to help the OP! Whilst I am going to SC this winter, I am driving in my own car.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Gämsbock, oops should have read the OP properly
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
the Briancon-Grenoble route has no timetable available yet.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
irbis, a totally unhelpful post I'm afraid, but as the old joke goes: i wouldn't have started from there.
I'm rather intrigued by the use of the word "planned" in your original post - not quite the word i would have used Puzzled
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@irbis,'ve managed to find the timetable, and will post a link when I can, but looks like your best option might be a coach service from Grenoble Airport via Serre Chevalier direct to La Grave. There's online booking when I find the link, but the coach leaves Grenoble railway station at 13.20 and arrives in La Grave at 17.30 .
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://www.info-ler.fr/fr/lignes-horaires/carte-et-fiches-horaires-n287 (it's ligne 35) and booking link http://www.transdev-dauphine.com/
snow conditions
thank you all for your advice (not you jonpim, that was not very helpful Smile). I did find a way - I will get a train to Oulx and then get a pick up from some friends who will be on the same trip.
snow report
@irbis, glad you are sorted.
snow report
Why are people talking about Grenoble to Serre Chevalier and THEN to La Grave. La Grave is a stop on the bus route from Grenoble to Serre Chevalier. But there aren't many buses. Lots of Buses go from Grenoble to Deux Alpes and you could get out at the dam and ask a taxi to come from La Grave just along the valley to pick you up.
snow conditions
@snowball, the road between the Chambon dam and La Grave is currently closed due to a collapsed tunnel and landslide and has been since April. So you have to go via the Tunnel de Frejus and Serre Chevalier. So at the moment, there is no option to do otherwise.
latest report
Oh OK, I'm out of date. I was going by last season when I was there.
So, a French village with access only from Italy.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy