Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne lift pass help

Poster: A snowHead
I think I'm still in time for an early bird discount, but not quite sure which one to buy!

I want an adlut 6 day whole area pass.

I think it's the 291E one in the first table of http://www.la-plagne.com/en/winter/ski/prices/all-prices.html

Can someone confirm please.

Ta.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep it says €291

But because you are a snowHead wink

€221.50
http://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/forfait-ski/6-jours-la-plagne-526/?startdate=2016-01-02&peoplenumber=1&ages%5B1%5D=18
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ta.

That link is for La Plagne only Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why would you want to go anywhere else? Toofy Grin

But you did ask for La Plagne lift pass help

and whole area pass. So that what your €221.50 gets you The whole La Plagne ski area rather than the passes for each La Plagne village area.

If you want to add in Les Arcs as well, you will need a Paradise pass Toofy Grin Which frankly for 6 days is possibly to much, so buy a Decouverte pass which gives you one day over on the icy windswept wastelands of the Arcs included in the price. Possibly worth it just for the ride on the Vanoise Express Very Happy
€244 http://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/forfait-ski/6-jours-paradiski-526-1/?startdate=2016-02-20&peoplenumber=1&ages%5B1%5D=18

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 18-10-15 13:10; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For a full Paradiski then try this link http://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/forfait-ski/6-jours-paradiski-526/?startdate=2016-02-20&peoplenumber=1&ages%5B1%5D=18 €262
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin wrote:
Yep it says €291

But because you are a snowHead wink

€221.50
http://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/forfait-ski/6-jours-la-plagne-526/?startdate=2016-01-02&peoplenumber=1&ages%5B1%5D=18

interesting...are snowheads eligible for discounts at other resorts too? (Chatel/PDS in particular)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mikeycharlton, Laughing Nope just the best ones wink wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@charlton, I think you will find that boredsurfin has taken the first part of your name Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonpim wrote:
@charlton, I think you will find that boredsurfin has taken the first part of your name Toofy Grin

totally lost me there. Puzzled
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
taking the mickey Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm trying to work out whether to buy a 7-day pass so I can ski on our last day.

We fly from Geneva on Saturday 6th Feb at 9.40pm. What time do you think we should start heading out of the valley?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Jenniper, 7am. wink

That Saturday shouldn't be TOO bad (leaving the valley). I'd leave at around 4.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Jenniper, Which La plagne village are you staying in? Assuming you check the weather forecasts and roads are likely to be clear, then I have always found 3 hours sufficient to get from Plagne Centre to Geneva and drop hire car at airport as well. So, assuming arrival at GVA for 7:40pm, aiming to set off around 4pm should be fine. This would give you plenty of time to make the most of another day's skiing!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stevomcd Laughing

@chopkins13 We are staying in Les Coches, so hopefully a quick scoot down to the valley.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jumping on this thread to

1. say thank you for the links to the discounts! Much appreciated Smile

2. Ask for advice as to which pass I should get... I've never skied this area before, and think I'll want the full Paradiski pass, but thought it worth checking before I committed.
Me: Decent skier, like to explore, no problem on any pistes, comfortable offpiste etc. BUT I'll be going with a mixed group, at least some of whom won't make it off blues. I'd like to spend a fair chunk of time with them, but am also happy nipping off on my own for a bit more of a challenge, and the group will probably split occasionally too based on levels. I also plan on doing the odd day/halfday with local ski schools for off-piste exploring. Staying in Belle Plagne, skiing 6 days.

So - am I ok going with the Paradiski pass, or am I unlikely to leave La Plagne other than 1 or 2 days and should therefore look at another option?
snow report
@fixx, I think it's a tough call staying in Belle Plagne, but I suspect you won't get over much with a mixed group. You can get a discovery pass, which allows you one day over in Les Arcs... might be a good compromise.
snow conditions
If I'm out with the ski schools for a day, do they tend to stay on one side or would they use up the day? I'll message my friends again and see if they know how far they'll go!
snow report
@Gämsbock's right, the Discovery pass is ideal for what you want.

I'd be really surprised if a ski school took you across to the other side unless the group specifically asked to do a particular route.
snow conditions
If you do the North Face of the Bellecote as an off-piste tour (which I highly recommend) it will require a crossing on the Vanoise Express. You finish in a quaint little village then get a bus up to beneath Plan Peissey on Les Arcs side then get the funny lift up to prior to crossing back into La Plagne.
ski holidays
@fixx, ski schools will assume you have a La Plagne only pass. If you want to do the North Face of the Bellecote (which is worth doing if conditions allow), you will need access to the Les Arcs side on that day. However there are plenty of other off-piste options in La Plagne - e.g. the descent of North face of the Friolan is as good a ski descent as North face of the Bellecote in my opinion - with the advantage of not having an 'interesting' run out and staying entirely on the La Plagne side.
ski holidays
So after thinking the Discovery pass was indeed the way to go, I've been told by some others in the group they have the pass for the entire area, and I need to get the same NehNeh

Thanks for the advice anyway, and good to know of some interesting routes! I'll be emailing a few of the schools/guides over the next couple of days, so I'll see who might take me where Smile

And after spending the previous 2 weeks in Chamonix, I may rather want to take advantage of the travelling over a biiiiiiiiig linked area!
ski holidays
@fixx, Olivier at Evo2 in Montchavin is a great guy to go out with. He does half day group guiding for experienced off-piste skiers Monday-Thursday 9am-1pm but you can do any number of days, you don't have to commit to all 4. He usually does the Bellecote every week if conditions permit. If you aren't based in Montchavin I think you can arrange to meet him somewhere.
ski holidays
Gämsbock wrote:
@fixx, I think it's a tough call staying in Belle Plagne, but I suspect you won't get over much with a mixed group. You can get a discovery pass, which allows you one day over in Les Arcs... might be a good compromise.

Echo this, there's a decent amount of mileage on the La Plagne pass only, and Belle Plange is a decent base to start from. You'll want to be out first lift to make the most of Les Arcs though, it'll take a while to get there and you'll need a reasonable amount of time to get back too as the lifts back aren't the quickest. Well worth doing a 'dry run' before you attempt it to make sure you don't get caught out but also make the most of your time on the other side.
snow report
Thanks @Gämsbock, that's exactky the kind of thing I'm looking for - maybe two mornings, and the rest of time with my friends. Always good to get a recommendation, and I've had great exoerieneces with Evo2 in general. The only people in Belle Plagne itself doing someting similar seem to be ESF, and that's an absolute no!

@SnoodyMcFlude, having looked at the piste map the skiing on the La Plagne side does look a lot better - but the important thing is really catching up with this group of friends, so I'll go where they go! I've no problem moving around fast, and we're going 2nd full week of Jan, so I'm not expecting many lift queues! Will def do a dry run though - I do not want to get stuck...
snow report
I bought a full Paradiski pass last year while staying in BP. Waste of money. I only made it across once as it took a while and I didn't think it was worth doing more than once. To be honest I actually did the Vanoise Express twice as I took Oscar over on it for a joyride. Very Happy
latest report
A quick reminder today (31st October) is the last day for laplagne and paradiski discounted passes
(Season passes until Dec 1st)
http://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/
snow report
A quick reminder today (31st October) is the last day for laplagne and paradiski discounted passes
(Season passes until Dec 1st)
http://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/
ski holidays
@Jenniper,

don't forget that La Plagne do (as does Les Arcs), the Samedijeski pass for the Saturday - at about €30 with a voucher that you get on the Wednesday before (plenty of info on snowHead about it).

It means you can "decide on the day" whether to ski or not, rather than feeling pressured in to having to use an expensive pass you've already bought.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Samedijeski website is in French and does not seem very informative. Would you mind @Arctic Roll, please, explaining it here again?
ski holidays
@CaravanSkier, sure.

Go the website, samedijeski.com and sign up for the promo. You can join anytime between now and your trip.
Each Wednesday, they'll send you an email notification that you can get a 40% (approx) discount on the one day Saturday pass for the coming week (ie 4 days hence).

It used to be 'accept and print' - which was tricky in resort: but now it appears you can also get a bar code on your mobile, which will allow you to buy up to 5 individual Saturday passes at any of the ticket outlets. Just show at the buying window before they start the transaction.

It is only La Plagne or Les Arcs, not Paradiski.
You can only get it in the period 4 days before you need it (but with the mobile option, you can probably get it 5 mins before you go to the kiosk).
If you need more than 5, get someone else to sign up too (we usually need about 8, so we make sure there's at least 3 of us with a voucher, 'just in case').

And PS for all the Arcs 'haters' on the Plagne thread, wink it really is better over our side you know. Laughing
latest report
@Arctic Roll, Thank you very much for the information! Smile
snow report
@Arctic Roll, Another thanks from me - in the same situation, I have a 6 day pass booked and now realise that we will have time on the Saturday to ski before we leave, so can save quite a bit using this Very Happy
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, thanks for your info re early bird discounts on the Paradiski! Passes ordered and have arrived Cool . I never knew savings could be made this way but I'll always have a look now, wherever I'm going.
snow conditions
@Arctic Roll, nice one - thanks!
snow conditions
@maggi, my pleasure Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy