Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sella Ronda

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks,
I've spent some time searching sH, but can't get a clear answer. So, here's the questions:
Where is a good place for a boarder to stay on the Sella Ronda?
How easy is it to board around the Sella Ronda?
Some posts seem to suggest that there's lots of flat bits - fine for me as a skier, rubbish if I have to tow a boarder as well.
Thanks to all in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a flat section in both directions at Passo Sella, between the bottom of the Campitello bowls and Plan de Gralba. This is pretty bad for skiers too, but is fairly short. It is slightly better in the orange direction than the green, but the green route is through the trees and really pretty, so a slow slide through it isn't all bad!

The previously flat bit in Corvara is better now the 2 way lift has been replaced/moved. There are a few places where you have to cross roads and everybody has to take their skis off and walk.

Alta Badia is flatter generally as most runs are blue. However, the Sella Ronda through Corvara is definitely red and fairly steep at this point. Canazei, Selva or Arabba would all be fine.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, @Scarlet, much appreciated.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The SR is much better for boarders now, I used to tow my daughter through several sections. They've invested heavily on the back side ( Corvarra/Arabba).
I'd say that Selva would be your best bet as a place to stay. Either Dantercepies or Ciampinoi side are spot on for trayers. wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I forgot about the long flat blue into Arabba from Passo Pordoi (green direction), though I *think* this can be avoided if you go off route and head up towards Porta Vescovo and then pick a run under the cable cars. Can anyone confirm? A new lift has been built in this area since I was last there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've never had a problem on the Sella ronda on my board and I've done it a fair few times. The long flat blue into Arabba is fine if you have a nicely waxed board and can handle riding flat it has enough of a pitch to keep going, in fact I've often overtaken skiers on it you just need to be aware of it and carry as much speed as possible. I wouldn't worry about it at all though and just go it is a wonderful area.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
that new lift in Arabba basically overcomes the flattest bit of the long blue from Canazei to Arabba. Don't think it was ever walking territory, just keep sliding.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@andy, yeah, it's just really gentle. No poling, but it does take a while.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I skied with boarders for a few days at the Bash in Arabba last year and they seemed fine. As long as you keep your speed up at the bottoms when things level a bit. I would't recommend the hidden Valley for Boarders though. The bottom bit is a mini cross country, even with teh horse drawn pull along for a while.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Again, thanks, folks, much appreciated! Am now believing that it's do-able on a board without too much walking/towing. I hate towing! Just too much like hardcwork!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy