Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas Fee

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I went to Saas Fee a few years ago and it seemed pricey then, but I know the Swiss Frank has shot up alot since then.

Is it really really expensive now? We are going to Meribel in Jan, but I thinking of another trip for later in the season.

Any thoughts appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The rate is currently around 1.5 to the Pound, which apart from the brief period last year when they de-coupled from the Euro is as low as it has been. It depends on how long ago your 'few' years was, but it was probably over 2 to the Pound.

The Swiss are aware of the importance of tourism to their economy, so in some cases they have been offering incentives along the lines of discounted rail transfers, lift passes etc. It all helps but does not offset the exchange rate difference.

When I first started going to Switzerland the exchange rate was 2.7 to the Pound, but that was 1987.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep - I though as much - I remember it being expensive then and as you say I am sure it was close if not 2 to the pound.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy