Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Young solo skier wanting to joing group Jan/Feb (Bashes?)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hello!
I am totally new to snowheads but looking for some advice!

I'm 21 male looking to join a group of some sort, to just hit the slopes (departing) between Jan 16th to Feb 12th. Anybody heading out that way and need an extra number? i've been reading about the Bashes that are held...would this be a good place to start? i've not gone to the mountains as a solo skier yet!

Any advice much appreciated!

Thanks
Jordan
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The bashes are an excellent place to start if you are on your own, I went on my first last season with no knowledge of others that I might be sharing with or skiing with, it was simply a case of arranging things at breakfast or just turning up outside with your skis and tagging along with a group. I'm driving out to the birthday bash and the warmup week with guys I met on the last bash.
There is a very big spread of ages on the bashes from early 20's to 80s!, mostly a bunch of 30, 40, 50, 60 something kids that never grew up beyond the mental age of 21
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jorddrum, I can't vouch for the bashes, but I have been to several of the ski tests and everyone is amazing. I'm much the same as you being 23, and I will definitely being going on one of the bashes this year for pretty much the same reasons.

There is also another website / group I am a part of, although have never ventured out with them, called Billy Snow Mates.
They are probably more around our age, and I would say more of them snowboard too, depends what you are looking for, but they also organise trips.

Link to facebook group below.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Billysnowmates/?ref=ts&fref=ts
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Defo the way to go…..

I went on one a couple of years ago - the pre birthday bash - not knowing a soul - and have never looked back! As others have said, you can go to breakfast, or stand outside the hotel in the morning, say what type of skiing you want to do, and hey presto there's a group of ski buddies for the day!

I also managed to spend the afternoon skiing with a random man when following this though - I thought he was a sH when he wasn't... Embarassed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And don't worry about age - I've struggled to keep up with some of the pensioners - on the slopes and in the bar afterwards...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
im in a similar boat but have decided to just go somewhere and make some friends when i get there. ive booked a room in tignes and onto an off piste course for the wc 23rd. if you fancy tignes and need someone to ride/drink with then drop me a message.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If the timing of bashes doesn't work out look at ACTION OUTDOORS who sell holidays in UCPA centres is France. All in, very good value and in top resorts. Many weeks include full or half time lessons, up to high skill levels. Perfect for meeting people and in-house affordable bar. A younger crowd than a snowheads bash, probably. You can get cheap coach to some centres and some airport transfers.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:
If the timing of bashes doesn't work out look at ACTION OUTDOORS who sell holidays in UCPA centres is France. All in, very good value and in top resorts. Many weeks include full or half time lessons, up to high skill levels. Perfect for meeting people and in-house affordable bar. A younger crowd than a snowheads bash, probably. You can get cheap coach to some centres and some airport transfers.

I came a little bit unstuck with UCPA the last time I went, in that previous visits had seen quite a lot of English in the "Hotel" but the 2 weeks I had in Val dIsere last year, there were very few and I was the only one in the 2nd week, lots of Swedish that speak very good English and were very friendly, but for me, it's never quite the same banter that you get with others of the same mother tongue.
I only started UCPA at 46 (We all lied about our ages), now I'm 50, I have reluctantly hung up my UCPA skis and have booked the warm up week and the birthday bash
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I did my first bash last year. Friendly people and a range of abilities to ski with. I hear the nod of season bash is more of a younger affair/party.
I skiied with a group including two boarders last year. We covered a lot of ground.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Jordan,
Interested in a trip to Alpe d'huez in Jan 2016 (16th to 23rd)?
I/we are looking for two (or more) people to join our group in Jan 2016!
At the moment there is 4 of us; brother and sister and two male friends, all aged mid twenties. We are two beginners and two advanced skiers & boarders. Very friendly and lively group.

We have paid the deposit for two extra people to hold the places so we're looking for two people to join to make a group of 6. If you know anybody who'd be interested send them our way, anyone's welcome.

Details:
Going out: Dublin to Chambéry, Jan 16th @14:20 arriving at 17:40, transfer 2h15.
Resort: Alpe D'Huez, France - 6 person self catering apartment, 5-10mins walk from town centre.
Returning: Transfer 2h15, Chambéry to Dublin, Jan 23rd @ 18:30 arriving 19:50.
Deposit €150, with the balance of €700 by Nov 7th 2015 (this includes travel, accommodation, rental of skis/board & boots and full ski pass, (so less if they have their own gear), doesn't include lessons.
Send me an email at hanlon.jody@yahoo.ie if you or anyone you know would be interested.
Jody
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The trick with a UCPA trip is to always email them (or sorry Action Outdoors, their UK partners), and ask them exactly how many are booked in to whatever location that week, once it's more than the likes of say 10 uk speaking you'll have zero bothers finding afew new friends your level to ski with.

I'm going with afew friends to the Chamonix UCPA 2nd Jan, can't wait for that.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Jordan - Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

There are 3 snowHeads bashes during the period you say you want to go in. All are in Italy.
Obviously you're welcome to join:
The MYAsHBash in Livigno 16 Jan (Very cost effective - from £500 inc HB, transfer,liftpass and ski hire)
The PreBBWUW in Alleghe 23 Jan (almost full)
The S12BB in Arabba 30 Jan (The Birthday Party!)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@jorddrum,
hi,
have you already sorted your skiing trip ?
we are going to Zermatt,Switzerland jan 16-23rd.
more info: bautrys@gmail.com
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy