Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Burton ions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all, have upgraded to a new pair of Burton ions for this season. Got a great service in the shop and spent some time walking around in them. All fine and dandy. Got them home and have been walking around in them this afternoon and noticed that their is a pressure point on the left hand side of the left boot that causes pain to my left ankle. Bizarrely, the problem only seems to occur when I'm sat down. So maybe not a big deal given I'm gonna be standing up most of the time! Anyone had a similar issue or have some advice to offer? Have been reading about JBars (which look like they're already incorporated into this boot) and other sorts of inserts. It not sure if these would help.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had an issue once with a pair of Northwave Legends. In the shop they were fine but when wearing them at home I noticed the bridges were slightly off, causing a little pain at the top of my foot. I decided it wasn't worth the risk and took them back for a refund. Don't risk discomfort on the mountain as you're in 'em for a long time.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How tight are you doing them? Pretty stiff boot - if you're over tightening you'll feel it!

A j-bar will make the ankle support stiffer - not sure that will have a huge effect upon any hot-spots. If anything I'd imagine it'll take up a sliver of space that you need for your ankle and make things worse.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very stiff boots if you're used to the usual level of flex. Mine were quite pinchy for a while because of the lack of flex, but after a few weeks they were the best boots I've had (except Nike before they pooped on Snowboarding!). As above, Jbars probably wont help matters, maybe see if you can thin down the socks a bit?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy