Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buchbinder car hire innsbruck

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody had any experience of hiring a car from Buchbinder at Innsbruck airport. I booked our hire through an agent and you only find out who the supplier is after you have paid. A quick search of the internet makes grim viewing, it appears we are dealing with the modern day version of Dick Turpin!. But surely they cant be all bad?
Any feedback would be welcome
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only come across them at Munich. Would never use them again. Take everything with you in writing - print outs from your booking etc We had paid in advance fior Winter Tyres - they tried to charge us again. We had paid for a second driver, same again. It all got sorted out but it took time. Most people in the queue seemed to be having similar issues. Overall we were waiting approx 2 hours in total.
That was Munich, not Innsbruck and it was about 4 years ago. But it sticks in my memory
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@summerseat, Have used them and they are were OK (at Munich), the usual try-ons etc locally but they are no worse or better imo. They are typically off airport (thats why they are cheap) and we had to jump in a car with an unmarked driver and travel 10 mins to the office which was a bit of a pain with all the ski gear (and could be a worry if you were a single person etc) but the car we hired was good. Again on return we had to allow an extra 30-45 mins for the messing about, drop off again at their office and then wait for a car to run us to the airport. This meant we had to miss valuable ski time at the end of the day.

I hate car hire firms - they are ALL rip-off merchants so use the train wherever possible but if I was going to hire a car again, and i'm sure I will at some point i'd rather pay a bit more rather than mess about off-site.

As @JohnHSmith, suggests watch out for the winter tyres scam, and also CRW to zero, we always buy a policy before we go which works out at a fraction of the one they try to sell you.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have used them once from Innsbruck to go climbing in the Dolomites. I have nothing to report. The car was fine, the pick up fine, the return a little worrying as there was no one in the office to sign the car in and we had to drop the keys in a letter box (I gather this not checking the car in and making up some damage is a common way for car hire companies to make money) but it all went fine with no extra charges or problems with the car hire.

The journey back from Cortina was a bit more scarey. It took for ever, crawling along behind camper vans keen to appreciate the scenery at 30 kph and being a Sunday the few scattered filling stations were closed and I was running on petrol vapours.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Had a bad experience as well in Innsbruck. wanted to charge mega money for "scratches" on wheel hubs. The girl slowly walked around the car, slowly back to the desk, slowly back to the car etc etc. She knew what time our flight was taking off so they knew I was under pressure to sign off the return car.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@summerseat, If you are planning to stay in Innsbruck and ski the local ski resorts, I would not bother hiring a car as the free hotel ski busses are very good and as it says, free!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy