Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need some help in deciding on clothes please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone, my name is Lorand, 27 and an intermediate skier.

I'm here because I'm pretty clueless when it comes to gear and I was hoping you lovely bunch would help me a bit choosing some good clothes for my budget.

Up until now I wore some older Reusch (sp?) trousers and some generic winter coat because I didn't want to invest into a sport I wasn't sure if I liked or not, but now that I love it and got decent at it I want some better gear.

My budget would be 200€ for both pants and coat. (£150ish).
So far a couple of items popped into my view in my budget range
Firstly a Horsefeathers Pictor shell 20k/20k for £50ish (purple with orange)
And secondly a Quicksilver Mission Plain insulated 10k/10k for £75 (orange)

The thing is im not sure I can trust myself to layer my middle layers accordingly with a shell, i might be wrong, i have no experience at all with shells.

Pants that I found in my budget is the Horsefeathers Casper pants 5k/5k for £45ish (this i would buy only to combo with the horsefeathers jacket)(orange)
O'neill exalt insulated 8k/8k £60ish(blue)
Quicksilver State 10k/10k £60ish (yellow or blue)
Ebay westbeach upperlevels £60 (blue)

Please tell me which is better or suggest to me better gear for up to £150 for both pants and jacket, baggy bright colour and 10k/10k is a plus Neh Neh (have to have them swag points Very Happy)

Thanks Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Jokerman170, welcome to snowheads snowHead don't know the specific items you mention but would suggest you look at TKMaxx who often have good stuff at low prices. Or if you have a nearby Decathlon their own brand stuff is reliable.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The thing is I am not really sure what is good and whats not. Also does tkmaxx ship internationally?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pam w, it clearly says that Jokerman170 is in Romania, not sure either Tacky Maxx or Decathlon have branches that far east! rolling eyes Laughing

@Jokerman170, no idea about any of that lot, but try using Google search to find out about the companies and their products to start with - O'Neil and Quiksilver are fairly well-known middle of the road brands for surf and snowboarding clothing as far as I know. You could also look at D2B (Dare2Be) as a good quality supplier with reasonable prices.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We do have decathlons, but tbh I kind of hesitate to use their branded clothes, they seem cheap and nasty or overpriced and average at best.
I searched far and long on the interwebs and the best I can find for the money are the horsefeather shell (official site) and the quicksilver insulated jackets (amazon), but im not sure what to go for.

In pants cathegory I have no idea what to go for, will probably go for the ones that are 10k and the colour goes best with the jacket unless someone points out an obviously better one for the price
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Does any of you know if the Ebay o'neill escape exalt pants are any good? or even genuine?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Don't mix burgundy and orange.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Decathlon do some perfectly OK jackets and trousers in France. I wouldn't buy either without being able to try them on; fit varies quite a bit. My son in law got a good Quicksilver jacket cheaply in TKMaxx last year and is very pleased with it.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I haven't mentioned burgundy mate.

I think my setup will be
Qicksilver Mission Plain mandarine orange 10k/10k XL size with Westbeach Upperlevels 2 Pumpin yellow pants 10k/10k. XL size.
I'm 1,80m, 80kg, 105cm chest(42"), 97cm waist (38"), 105cm hips (42"), about 75cm heel to croch.(30")
Fingers crossed everything will be good.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would be careful of anything off ebay there are too many fakes on there. I would recommend Decathlon's stuff the Quechua line seems good and some of my walking gear is that brand which has stood up to the rigours of whatever the Welsh and Scottish mountains threw at it.

Also go to any French ski resort and a lot of the people on the mountain have Quechua gear.

If you're umming and ahhing about whether to invest too heavily then this would be a good interim purchase until you're hooked (and yes you will be hooked).
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You can try to search all you need at https://www.gotapparel.com - I always buy clothes there. Hope it will help you. Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks. I have bought a quiksilver jacket and a westbeach pant, im waiting on rlthe delivery still
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy