Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Champoluc...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry, multiple resort post. Just been in Champoluc since Dec 23.

Piste Services did a great job of getting as much as they could up and running using mostly man made snow. It's bene cold (and very cold) since so conditions have been mostly stable.

However, the area is limited, link to Gressoney is not operating (and will need considerable snowfall to open it) and the pistes are what you'd expect. Hard pack with some man made snow on top.

So we had to make day trips to the other resorts mentioned.

Courmayeur (28 Dec) in similar conditions but with better snow making so almost completely open - except the runs to the base. Unlikely to have changed.

Cervinia (3rd Jan) mostly open although the liaison to Valtournenche was not. Had a pleasant afternoon - didn't get over to Zermatt. Some powder on the western slopes and generally better conditions. Unlikely to have changed.

Chamonix (2nd Jan) - just an afternoon around Brevent-Flegere. Lovely snow, lots of its, plentty of tracked powder to play in. Lovely, lovely, lovely. Probably better now after more snow I believe.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 12-02-07 19:41; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Murdoch wrote:
Sorry, multiple resort post. Just been in Champoluc since Dec 23.

Piste Services did a great job of getting as much as they could up and running using mostly man made snow. It's bene cold (and very cold) since so conditions have been mostly stable.

However, the area is limited, link to Gressoney is not operating (and will need considerable snowfall to open it) and the pistes are what you'd expect. Hard pack with some man made snow on top.

So we had to make day trips to the other resorts mentioned.

Courmayeur (28 Dec) in similar conditions but with better snow making so almost completely open - except the runs to the base. Unlikely to have changed.

Cervinia (3rd Jan) mostly open although the liaison to Valtournenche was not. Had a pleasant afternoon - didn't get over to Zermatt. Some powder on the western slopes and generally better conditions. Unlikely to have changed.

Chamonix (2nd Jan) - just an afternoon around Brevent-Flegere. Lovely snow, lots of its, plentty of tracked powder to play in. Lovely, lovely, lovely. Probably better now after more snow I believe.

Would love to shead more light on this, however my buddies left last week, with my lift pass. Heard it's excellent on and off. Twisted Evil
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, that's very annoying!

I shall consult my other resident experts then!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Annoying, i've thrown my teddy miles. Fell out with the missus, sulking on the sofa watching the vidi-printer spit out footie results. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, thought I'd keep things simple and resurrect this thread - but for Champoluc only.

We had a very pleasant Saturday 10th Feb and Sunday 11th Feb: only around Champoluc as we had a small but varied group and wanted to meet for lunch etc., also we had some admin to deal with on Saturday then high winds kept us away from Gressoney yesterday (Sunday).

Pistes were generally in good condition, they've been snowmaking (or at least had done so Friday night) and the base seems good.

Had the usual excellent dinner at Le Sapin on Saturday, why can I not get away from "Vitello al Thonato" and the "Filetto al Pepe Verde"? Excellent and excellent value for money.

Departed this morning with about 5cm settling in the village and the snow fall intensifying. Snow settling from about 1,100 metres and snow/rain limit descending. Similar picture heightwise as we passed Courmayeur.

Disappointingly for us, as usual the two sides of the Mont Blanc were rather different. We were greeted by torrential rain as we emerged above Chamonix although I recking the rain-snow limit had been oscillating around 1,250m all morning. Forecast to descend to 1,000m tonight and onwards towards 700m tomorrow.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Had the usual excellent dinner at Le Sapin on Saturday, why can I not get away from "Vitello al Thonato" and the "Filetto al Pepe Verde"

perhaps 'cos there's nothing like a good plate of Vitello al thonato, David. Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen Beaumont, too true... wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Murdoch, It's not an area I know a great deal about. How close to Chamonix is it? The few photos online of the village itself look fantastic.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rainman, about 1.5 hours...30 minutes through tunnel, 30 mins on motorway, 30 minutes up the valley road.

It's small and very Italian. Very pretty.

Some might consider the skiing limited - and not terribly well organised...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
So, Courmayeur would still be a better bet if we want to do a day-trip to ski in Italy from Chamonix?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rainman, yes and one day Courmayeur is included in a week's "Mont Blanc Unlimited" pass (may also be in the Chamski one).
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Courmayeur it is, then. snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rainman, just for the record, it's included in MB Unlimited but not the more limited Chamonix Le Pass (which doesn't include Les Houches either).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Murdoch, thanks for that. It looks as though we can recharge our smart cards online through the CdMB website as well, which makes life a bit easier!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy