Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fun resort near Munich

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Ski flights booked, Feb 6 to Munich. But what resort would you recommend? We are a group in our mid 30s looking for something lively with good restaurants and excellent skiing for intermediate skiers (lots of reds), max 3 hours from airport please but preferably less.......would love to hear your recommendations.

Thanks Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kitzbühel, Saalbach... There's a lot to choose from!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's much fun to be had in practically all the resorts. Mayrhofen is the first one that comes to mind for me, decent size town with plenty choices for nightlife and a big variety of reds on the local pistes. You can also take the train or bus down the valley and try out Zell Am Ziller (some excellent long reds) and Kaltenback (generally easier but some cracking places for lunch).

Pretty much all the Tirol is within 3hours of Munich if the roads are OK, so you could go as far as St Anton or Serfaus/Fiss/Ladis. St Anton is legendary for the nightlife and SFL is one of my personal favourites although the resort is a fair bit quieter that either Mayrhofen or St Anton.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
this ^^^ also Mayrhofen and Soll

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 8-10-15 15:49; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Soll or Mayrhofen for me for a group but like he says there are loads to go at.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Markymark29, you may have been first but I can spell.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Pruman, wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@sunnek, depending on when you arrive you could spend 3 hours simply getting around munich that particular weekend! Sorry to be a bit of a wet blanket on this, but I live just off the A8 near to the junction where you turn down to the Tirol (Inntal Dreieck). I work on the west side of Munich, it sometimes takes me more than 3 hours to drive home from work on holiday weekends and I do not have to negotiate the A99 Shocked

Are you going to hire a car or use public transport to get to the resort?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sounds like a pre-booked train to Zell am See may be in order?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy