Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen From Salzburg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am going from Salzburg to Mayrhofen, the way I see it I have 3 options. I have been before but it was a Crystal hols so was taken straight there.

1- Hire a car, would lie redundant for most of the week as there seems to be no drop off point near.

2- get the train - Jenback and then to Mayrhofen.

3. Transfer ski bus.

Ay info on any of the best quickest, most convenient way to get there.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used to say hitch hiking .. but Austria may be full of them these days.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@roscoeh, train is the simplest and probably cheapest option if you don't have too much to carry around.Direct train to Jenbach, the change to the Zillertalbahn. The trains to Innsbruck are fairly frequent and you can book your ticket online via the ÖBB web site.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Walk out of the airport terminal, bus stop is across the road. Under 2 euro for a ticket to the main station. If you book in advance you can often get a cheap ticket for certain trains. If you are coming in via Ryanair, then you are safest to get the 1pm train to Jenbach. I normally am able to get a first class ticket for 24 euro and can then use the lounge in the train station. You get free drinks and snacks in there and can charge your phone etc. Once at Jenbach, walk over to platform 4 and get the Zillertalbahn where you can buy your ticket on the train.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Zillertalbahn is a slow train but it's an enjoyable way to arrive in the valley, great views and really relaxing. And if you're travelling on one of the real peak Saturdays it'll be a lot faster than sitting in the traffic jam that can stretch pretty much all the way from the motorway to Mayrhofen.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm still undecided on this, theres 6 of us travelling i was hoping theres a bus transfer we could all get direct like ive used in france.
Many Thanks in advance
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@lee131,
Option 3...shared minibus transfer, e.g. Four seasons : https://www.tirol-taxi.at/
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
actually spotted them since posting and can get a private transfer for 520 euros,,, BARGAIN
thanks Hamish!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have used tyrol-taxis also called four seasons twice and they are very efficient. They email or text you the pick up time for the return transfer.

Do you have to fly to Salzburg? Why not fly into Munich and use the same transfer. Lufthansa scheduled flights are good if you book early, plus ski carriage is free.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@kevinraine,
Ditto for Munich and Lufthansa to Mayrhofen.
Used them 4 times and never had to wait more than a few minutes to get going - very efficient.
Don't know what they'd be like at Salzburg though.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy