Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pas de la Casa

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am going to pas de la casa in February. Can anyone give any advice. Snow conditions etc.....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Keep away from any yellow snow that you see as it may not be from the sky!!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skipas wrote:
I am going to pas de la casa in February. Can anyone give any advice. Snow conditions etc.....

Don't judge Andorra based upon what you see in Pas de la Casa.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ysb33r, Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Use the uplift to get as far away as possible, and return only as the light is fading. There are nice parts to Andorra, and it can have epic snow especially late in the season, but Pas de la Casa isn't on the pretty list, and the village can do a passable impression of Dagenham market, except more depressing.

Even for somewhere with a 3-hour coach transfer, the extra 20 minutes to go past it and get to somewhere better is well worth it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The swimming pool in the sports centre is worth a visit
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My lady & I enjoyed it

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=118158
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What people are saying here is right to an extent, but a tad unfair, so don't let it put you off. The skiing / riding in that area is fantastic imo, with great access to the Grau Roig area and the rest of Grandvalira. Plus it's very cheap, costing similar to a Bulgarian trip but with access to much better lift architecture etc.

To town isn't the prettiest, it has a lot of high rise buildings, and if you down the hill towards the bus station, there are a lot of "tax free haven" type shops. Don't let this put you off though, as I doubt you'll be spending too much time in the town except for apres, which is decent if you go to the right places.

So: best sector of Grandvalira is Grau Roig

Apres is quite cool at a bar in Pas called KSB - it's where Andorrans and Spanish people tend to go rather than English / Irish so I tend to prefer it there (they also do amazing food) - happy hour is 4-7 I think. There's also a Pincho (think little tapas-type sandwiches and egg tortillas) bar called Lizaran (sp?) which is good to go to for more chilled out apres.

Dinner - KSB has a great restaurant, as mentioned, as does La Copa.

Lastly, when you're coming back at the end of the day, most people take the middle round down to Pas (can't think of the name) which is like a little bowl which is relatively steep at the top. The piste itself isn't a problem, but the people going on it who shouldn't be on that grade of piste tends to create an issue. I would recommend you take either one of the reds or one of the blacks at the sides instead as these aren't half as congested / dangerous.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pas is great for the duty free. Yes it is as ugly as sin but when your are that pissed will you really care ?
If you have the snow conditions that is what really matters, better to ski good snow in an ugly resort than crap/no snow in a fantastic resort.

How are you getting there ? Car, flight/train and transfer. Some routes get more traffic than other routes and even in May and the summer can have horrendous traffic jams ( the road from Toulouse I have seen in May with tailbacks all the way down and people in Pas saying 4/6hrs plus delays ) We usually come up the N115 then the N20 from Prades on the French side. This can still get jams but longest we hit was just over an hour but then we may have been lucky.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Pas de la Casa isn't on the pretty list, and the village can do a passable impression of Dagenham market, except more depressing.
- that brought a smile Smile
It isn't Lech am Arlberg but I have seen far worse. Example - when I first viewed the 'Star Destroyer' on the horizon in La Plagne.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy