Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes - Snowmaking on Double M?? (14.10.15)

Poster: A snowHead
....and before Pam W says it wink - '"It'll never last." Still nice to see though! Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 19-10-15 12:22; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@mountainaddict, Good news for the Glacier though! I'm booked for Le Lac in January. Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SO that gives me a 100% record on forecasting this season - better quit whilst I am ahead wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nothing on the Poubelle yet Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When in Jan RichardB? We'll arrive on the 9th for a week Very Happy. Can't wait!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
chocksaway; stewart woodward Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mini snowheads bash in the Embu?
Mrs timg60 and myself are there on the 9th as well..
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Timg60, That might become a date! Bring it up on the Tignes thread before you leave, I will do what I can to be there, you never know who else might turn up!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
More snow at altitude in Tignes forecast for this week. Much rain at Poubelle level but shaping up well for skiing on the glacier with IOS the first week of November. snowHead Just hope there are none of those big winds which so often shut the lifts.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Unfortunately, I'm not due to arrive until the 16th, just as you guys leave. Sad

Typical, I usually always go skiing during the second week of January but not this time. rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Mini snowHead Bash could well be a goer!

But where's Embu?? Always stay in Val Claret - and don't know it...
Little Angel
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I always use Tignes as a completely un scientific way of predicting the entire Ski season in the French Alps.

If they get a dusting in the first 2 weeks of October then its going to be a good season!

Right.. I just wont look again...

Razz
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Embuscade cafe is up the far end of the palafour building. Very French. Very good... Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cheers Timg60 - have tried a few places in Palafour, so may well have been in there without knowing the name. If not, we'll bear it in mind Smile.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Last bar up the rue du poste. Very small with a pool table. Lots of random things hanging from the ceiling. Always temember a Hoover for some reason... Very Happy
ski holidays
Looks like they have been snowmaking on the Double M run down to Val Claret Very Happy - cover looks a fair bit thicker than to the sides.

snow report
@mountainaddict, testing the systems? Seems a little premature for making snow to me (although I am no EK expert)
ski holidays
They came on about a week ago and haven't seen them on since. (Not that I look at the cameras all the time Very Happy ). Presumed that it was an attempt to try and get the double m open. But think testing might be more of an idea.
snow report
I just recall various mid November trips when Double M wasn't open or was just opening.
snow conditions
IIRC they used to charge more for a day pass once the double m was open so I thought with the snow last week that's what they where going for. But looks like it will all melt this weekend so guess it was testing..
latest report
I haven't checked the longer term forecast but seem to recall that since I started taking an active interest in Tignes in 2007, Double M has opened a few times in early November.
snow report
The snow cannon outside my apartment at 1550 was working briefly one day recently though the run definitely won't be open till the Saturday before Christmas. Testing, like the ghostly chairs I saw moving in Les Contamines last week

As the freezing level in Tignes is forecast to be over 3500m at the end of this lovely sunny week....
. Blush
snow report
pam w wrote:

As the freezing level in Tignes is forecast to be over 3500m at the end of this lovely sunny week....
. Blush

Boo
snow report
Not really boo. It's autumn. Toussaint holidays for the kids. Sunshine and beautiful autumn colours. What could be better? Cold miserable weather now wouldn't be good for business and would mean nothing in terms of winter snow prospects.

People are enjoying walking and mountain biking. snowHead
snow report
Very selfish. But I'm all over summer and really fancy a week skiing before Xmas and really don't want a start to the season like last year...

But to be fair I really miss the Autumn in the Alps. Not really that nice in old Blighty. Last week of course an exception to the rule Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy