Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Guiness, Olives and Smallzookeepers.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My mother warned me 'Not to be too sensitive around people' as my sense of humour is 'An aquired taste', however i've been embarrassed and flattered by some of the supportive comments in the aftermath of,

"FATSKIMARKETTING-GATE".

Glad my posts have served some of you well, i will continue my quest against the 'Post-graduate-not sure where my degree will take me-so i'll go into marketting" ski industry here if that fits in with the Fun-Police's policies.
So far i've not had anything more than a slap on the wrist and i've tried to behave myself since.

Up to today we, the shop, haven't financially benifitted from my posts, although now i guess sometime soon we will. If we do i guess i'll have to review my position and this site's, until then, i will be heard and i hope you guys will keep listening, i sure enjoy the banter along the way. Eat Snow, the lot of you. Twisted Evil
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Must have missed something. I appreciate your informed posts anyway.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dave J wrote:
Must have missed something. I appreciate your informed posts anyway.

No worries, been a long day. Cheers. Twisted Evil
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Well I haven't really partook in banter with you... for the record I got on some 04/05 B2's on my 4th day of skiing and haven't looked back. Once I've learnt a great deal more in technique I'm sure that I'll get something fatter as my soul gets strangely excited by rocky steep things. As for edge to edge times - just lean more and enjoy the flow!!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, well at least you didn't mention...............garlic.....................villages.................or something together in the same sentence, now that really would have got everyone talking Wink NehNeh Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Smallzookeeper I resent that comment about the profession of marketing Very Happy It is not merely solely about advertising and promotion which has now commonly been coined as marketing communications. It involves many other things including the pormotion of products, their distribution, pricing policies, people involved in a a product and the process of getting a product to market. In all seriousness I think 'Marketing' is a bit of a buzzword which few understand and many tend to blame on the faceless multinationals Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry Edmund no offence intended to you nor anyone else in this field. My sister is marketting director of an international company as is Mrs Zookeeper. How else could a leyman like me better phase my comments? Twisted Evil
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well you are right, the term marketing does kind of infer not only advertising but other variables in a products promotion. Just thought Id have a dig at you as everyone else seems to be at the minute Laughing

Its funny those who do marketing as a degree get laughed at comapred to those who do Business Studies, Entrepreneurship, Management Scince, Retail Studies etc. When they do all come from the same area more or less.

I
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My point lies at the heart of the people in our industry whom rightly or wrongly are not involved otherwise in skiing. It's idealistic and i'm sure the marketeers do a better job of skiing than the skiiers, marketting. My sister is a Journalist my girlfriend an Orator

Have a pop if the need takes you, i love the banter and it seems i've just one 'Wanna Be' who is trying to pull me down and he's keeping tight lipped for now. I learn by my mistakes, thats evolution. The 'Wanna Be' seems to have more critics than i, which is comforting although a little alarming if i were he. It's never been safe to uncover the truth. Ask Tom Cruise.
Twisted Evil

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 7-01-06 23:10; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You know better than most the money invloved in the ski industry. the 'marketing' and spin if you will allows products to be charged at more of a premium price with line extensions coming about through mere cosmetic changes. Im sure you could rattle off a few names of ludicrious names for the 'latest' in ski technology. As with every industry apart from charities the object is to make as much money as possible. Unfortunately us as consumers get the bum end of the deal. But surely you as a retailer can appreciate the extra business it provides you with and I dare say it, but an increased mark-up too.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Edmundh009, I'm not too popular with the majority of manufacturers either. No-nonsense, open house, thats me. If you thrive on the shpeel, weve got it. Personally i prefer to cut to the chase, science is science no matter what you choose to call it this year. I hope we can be open and not get our lines crossed here, i think you may prove to be an intresting snowHead to descuss my paronoia with. Twisted Evil
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes I believe your paranoia should be encouraged to grow to the point where you are having to look over your shoulder for that elusive salomon rep Twisted Evil In all seriousness no-one likes spin thats what makes genuine breaks in technology so interesting. Manufacturers may not try to push the envelope too much but they do come about with some great ideas once in a while. marketing is what helpds is snowHead get such great end of season bargains with the creation of next years colours rolling eyes I wish you the best of luck in your business though I doubt you need it with all those fat, mid-fats and twin-tips you seem to be selling. Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorry must be getting tired, hence the poor grammar and spelling mistakes. I mean Marketing allows snowHead to pick up last seasons gear at around 50% of rrp which means the consumer balances out the advantage the manufacturer holds.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Edmundh009, Marketing, sadly, is not what it should be. Paranoia however usually satisfies very well.

Just because you think everyone is out to get you doesn't mean they are...

But they might be...

SMALLZOOKEEPER, orange boots! orange boots! BANG!!!

I guess that was my Explosions exploding wink

Incidentally, I noticed in a mildly paranoid way last fortnight that 2.47% of Italian skiers were wearing those much maligned TNTs (honest, there were loads of them around - very worrying). Is the Aosta valley about to disappear in a puff of slightly experimental polypropylene smoke?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy