Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Norrøna in Sports Direct

Poster: A snowHead
Just bought online (and collected in store) a Norrøna hard shell from Sports Direct. An absolute Earth shattering bargain at £109!!

If you know your kit then you know this is properly good stuff.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gone
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Its a sad day when Sports Direct get Norrona!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
When I checked on Wednesday morning, there were only 9 different items, and there are still 7 random items available. Looks like they found some left over stock, rather than stocking Norrona.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/SearchResults?DescriptionFilter=Norrona
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have Norrona lofoten trousers and they are IMHO the best you can buy. Absolutely bombproof.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Is Garish Green the only colour they do?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Gaza, looks like it, although there was a ladies jacket in plum.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gaza wrote:
Is Garish Green the only colour they do?

Mine are the banana yellow ones but I don't care. They're amazing.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Markymark29, Another brand crossed off my list Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can't believe that, must have bought up some liquidated stock. Fantastic price for that gear. Shame nothing is in a mens large.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They seem to keep updating / chopping and changing the availability of stock, so they're clearly buying in at random.

Just need pants to go with my jacket now...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Guess I'll just make it a favourite and keep checking!

What jacket did you pick up @LukeRibs ?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Legend - Last season's version of this one:

http://www.ellis-brigham.com/products/norrona-mens-lyngen-hybrid-ski-jacket/339505?itemid%3D97075
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So, I've been checking Norrona at sportsdirect on almost a daily basis.

Today picked up a pair of Lofoten Gore-Tex Pro Trousers for £150. £350 saved on RRP.

They might even be in this seasons colours, not that I particularly care but it makes it even more bizarre.

Now to hope they arrive...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
NIce looking jacket on the ellis brigham site - so why are they so special?
snow report
Quote:

so why are they so special?

The aren't really - just one of a clutch of upper end technical brands that turn out good stuff
ski holidays
Yeah quite, just nice to find a bargain! When you love a style and fit of clothing as well it seems sensible to stick to it if it's decent.
latest report
I'll pay either way, whether it is near retail, or an amazing bargain of eBay etc. I just picked up a new Norrona Trollveggen down jacket for well under half price, as no one else bid Very Happy

I like this humorous take on clothing styles. For the record, I'm in the Techie section..........

http://stylealtitude.com/style-altitude-mountain-snow-tribes.html
ski holidays
PowderAdict wrote:
I'll pay either way, whether it is near retail, or an amazing bargain of eBay etc. I just picked up a new Norrona Trollveggen down jacket for well under half price, as no one else bid Very Happy

I like this humorous take on clothing styles. For the record, I'm in the Techie section..........

Brilliant article !
ski holidays
PowderAdict wrote:

Think I'm a Pseudo Techie Embarassed
snow conditions
Still some ladies lofoten salopettes (green, L) for £119.. I have a pair in blue and they are bomb-proof. A bargain for goretex pro kit.
snow report
If only there was an orange jacket to go with them! snowHead
snow conditions
kat.ryb wrote:
If only there was an orange jacket to go with them! snowHead

How about a black lofoten jacket with orange zips (size L, for around £280)?:

http://www.sport-conrad.com/marken/norr-na/lofoten-gore-tex-pro-sc-7.html

Not bad kit for £400 Very Happy
latest report
@chivdog that actually could work!
latest report
kat.ryb wrote:
@chivdog that actually could work!

It would look something like this but with green instead of blue salopettes: http://images.ellis-brigham.com/Product_Images/zoom/3395129011_g.jpg
latest report
I think it looks good.

Argh I don't know if I should pull the trigger or not! Haven't really got £400 to spend, about to go away to Japan on Sunday and it won't some in time. Have got that faulty pyua stuff to wear in Japan which couldn't be sorted before I go away Sad But really want the Norrona!
ski holidays
Took the Lofiten plunge this year and it's the best gear I've ever worn. It's not cheap but feels super comfy and probably has 3 years of good wear in it....
latest report
Full work out this season for the Nørrona hard shell I bought to start this thread; absolutely awesome but of kit. Kept me dry and ventilated in horrible, horrible freezing rain in Les Arc, and warm and dry in Italian powder a couple of weeks later. I *did* twin it up with Sheffield's finest Buffalo Mountain shirt as abase layer, but it's still the best hard shell I've ever owned. And from Spirts Direct! Cheers Mr Ashley! snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy