Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts for Ski & Cycle ???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My partner is not a big skier but is a keen cyclist (mainly road but also mountain bike).

Is there anywhere in Europe or North America where it is possible to road cycle and ski at the same time? - and where it is reasonably practical, without one person having to travel a significant distance to ski or cycle. I know this is a big ask given that cycling is completely incompatible with ice and snow but something interesting might come up.

(Places which came to mind were the Sierra Nevada ski area in southern Spain & Isola 2000 near Nice, but not sure how practical either is? I don't know the North American resorts well enough to comment.)

Thx
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was about to suggest Isola 2000 though most resorts below around 1500m in late season should be fine, especially further south.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Would depend to some extent as to time of season and what the snow has been like. Mayrhofen and the Ziller valley is worth a look, not necessarily mountain biking as some of those routes would still be pistes tho.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Les Deux Alpes by April still has great skiing with a glacier up to 3600m. The downhill mountain bike run down to Venosc opens before the end of the ski season and this year there were a lot of bikes around in late April. Road biking down the hill towards Bourg D'Oisans and Alpe D'Huez is possible too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chamonix at Easter, generally, but who knows what the weather will do any given year.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another thing to watch out for is the amount of potholes in mountain roads by the end of the winter, the Tour de France routes often get new tarmac in May.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@targa_man, Kaprun. She can do the Grossglockner Strasse, an epic climb on great tarmac. There's a ton of mountainbiking too - sorry, not sure what kind of biker she is.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy