Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler top to bottom skiing.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
My family skied Whistler in April last year and we loved it. Going back March 2016. So last year was a terrible season reportedly. In a 'normal' season (if there's such a thing) is top to bottom skiing in March possible?
Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi sbooker,

Yes absolutely, we've had 3 years where you could.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can usually ride all the way down. Every few years there'll be a poor season, and the last two have both been a bit ropey by local standards, but it comes and goes like everywhere else. Last season I drove on past.

If you look at the piste map it's a funnel, and the freezing level can mean that snow up top results in rain down in the village. Hence riding down isn't always what people want to do. They do have speed cops on the traffic down there. I usually ride it all out and it's always a blast, but I can see why many people would give it a miss. One tip is to simply go "out of phase" with the masses, all of whom ride down at the same time. Just take another run or two up top and then you an have a pretty clear run down.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I lived there in 1998/99 and you could ski to the Pacific if you didn't mind a few uphill sections along the way Smile That was a truly epic winter!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've been there in March and skied top to bottom.

Knee deep slush though from quite high up.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It is a problem as the town is very low altitude wise, which we think is a benefit, as we like the valley to be clear so we can go for walks too. Can be a huge advantage if you suffer from trouble sleeping at high altitude. Mind the golf clubs nearly being able to open last year was silly.

We have been many years in April and never had a problem though I do know last year was a disaster. Have to agree with the locals (Philwig) that is is very busy at the wrong times (like most resorts that funnel) and much better to take more runs higher up and just down load. 2:45pm (3pm lessons finish) is not a good time to be on Upper Olympic on Whistler. What sort of level of skier are you? There are alternatives off Whistler Tokum-Crabapple for example.

Blackcomb is a different story as there are a lot of run options for good skiers but only one very busy green. No download option really either as by you have made it down to the Upper Gondola station you may as well carry on. You can of course cross peak-peak and then down though if you do not leave it too late.

The good news with March/April is that the lifts do not stop until 4pm so no need to get caught up in the crowds. Feb and you don't have a choice.

We are off there again in March too (Daughter instructing again) so fingers crossed.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have certainly been Peak to Creek in the 3rd week of March in what was a 'normal' year.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy