Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

transfers to Saas Fee

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am taking the train from GVA to Visp in a few weeks and cant see how to book tickets on the post bus up from Visp to Saas Fee. Anyone done this and if so roughly how much is the bus return cost?

Also I pre booked train tickets and I am wondering how anal they are if you find yourself on a later or earlier train, any fines etc?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know when we fly, we use the Swiss Transfer ticket that works on the trains and bus, just show the driver your ticket in Visp. This lets you use any train/bus, so can't comment on the getting on a different one. No need to 'book' onto the bus. they seem to run a couple of times an hour up the hill.

I know when we go down into Visp on the bus we just buy online on the SBB website, think it was about about 30CHF return last year.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ahhh thanks didn't appreciate the swiss transfer ticket worked on buses as well.. I bought a super saver train ticket 1/2 price but with bus on top perhaps not a wise move.. Is the transfer ticket flexible and allow for boarding anytime?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As far as I am aware, having made this journey many times, the transfer tickets are date/time flexible. You just need to make sure you use the orange ticket franking machines at either end before starting your journey, for each ticket. I think the end-to-end journey has to be made on one day.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah, you just fill in the date you travel on the outbound leg, guard at some point checks your ticket, then on the return you fill out the ticket with the date of return and same procedure ensues on the way back.

Limitations, you have to take the return within i think 30 days of the outbound, but you can take any bus/train as long as it is the direct route i.e. GVA-Visp-Saas Fee, you can't do a detour via Basel...

The transfer tickets only ask for date of travel which you write on yourself, and it's best to fill them in on the train as soon as you board. We filled them out in advance on year, then stayed another 2 days and had to explain all the date changes on the ticket, which was more a faff than it was worth.

I'm not sure how flexible the super saver train tickets are though. Never used them.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@PowderAdict, thanks but I have a timed super save ticket (probably a bad idea in hindsight) which was 64 chf as opposed to the 141 transfer ticket
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When booking your train ride, put Saas Fee as final destination, post bus will be included. Or you can pay directly to the driver.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
my transfer went fantastic and you can get a open transfer ticket for £90 return on http://www.swisspasses.com

only problem is that the lift pass was 395 Chf for 6 days. completely bonkers and I won't be coming back at that price..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy