Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Headache trying to arrange ski holiday

Poster: A snowHead
Aiming to go self- catering in Tignes Tuesday 29th March to Friday 8th April 2016. Have accomodation sorted. Flights shouldn't be an issue. The sticking point is the transfer. Altibus aren't showing anything, most others seem to only cover the weekends. Private transfers run to £700+.

What is a boy to do Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rent a car.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I guess you are flying into Geneva. Altibus don't seem to be doing transfers from there. I used bens bus this year. IIRC at £79 each return.
Tim
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pam w, beat me to it!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 for Ben's Bus. Didn't use them but their communication was excellent.
Another good option is Loyet (Simply Transfers), about £80 return.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Skiidy Gonzales also do transfer to the Tarentaise but I'm not sure if they're shared.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
faithsdaddy wrote:
Altibus aren't showing anything/

Really? They've always operated 7 days a week between Geneva and Tignes in season. I suspect it's just too early to show. How many people want to book a bus 6 months in advance?

Have used Ben's Bus. Was OK except for the tiny minibus they sent to cover the transfer from Val to Bourg, into which passengers, skis and luggage were packed like sardines. The driver rolled her eyes when I passed her my skis - what was she expecting? Once in the main bus at Bourg all was fine.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, I think it's too early to book though it's true that there are FAR fewer buses during the week.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bens Bus are only at weekends afaik. Usually Altibus operate every day so I think it's probably just a bit too early to book.

You can also do the train but it's quite long (www.voyages-sncf.fr) and car hire is often a good option.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
When I looked at Altibus, they didn't even offer me the option of Geneva to Tignes on their drop down selections- only Lyon to Tignes. Can anyone else confirm this, or am I missing something?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
First thing that springs to my mind is hire a car for the day you arrive, then once you get to resort and unload, whip round to Val D and drop the car at the Euro Car place. Then repeat for day of travel home.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
.....and with a car you can more easily shop in Bourg for a greatly reduced price even if it's only to buy beer Shocked
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
faithsdaddy wrote:
When I looked at Altibus, they didn't even offer me the option of Geneva to Tignes on their drop down selections- only Lyon to Tignes. Can anyone else confirm this, or am I missing something?

I was the same as used alti bus before from Geneva. A few years ago though as Bens bus was more affordable. But don't know if they run outside of weekends.

Just checked http://www.bensbus.co.uk/geneva-airport-ski-transfers/ Sat and Sunday only.

Tim
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@faithsdaddy, Altibus don't usually allow online bookings on their website for the following season until November time, normally after the train timetables have been issued.

Timetable and price list for next season here - https://www.altibus.com/documents/aeroports/2/navettes.pdf
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thank you ever so much for all your help. It's been really useful and I appreciate it.
ski holidays
Timg60 wrote:
few years ago though as Bens bus was more affordable.

Last season Altibus and Ben's Bus to Vald'Isere were the same price within a couple of quid. I know because I booked one out, the other back. Better timetables for me that way.
latest report
chrisrawles wrote:
First thing that springs to my mind is hire a car for the day you arrive, then once you get to resort and unload, whip round to Val D and drop the car at the Euro Car place. Then repeat for day of travel home.

Sounds very relaxing. I'll take the bus thanks.
snow report
dogwatch wrote:
Timg60 wrote:
few years ago though as Bens bus was more affordable.

Last season Altibus and Ben's Bus to Vald'Isere were the same price within a couple of quid. I know because I booked one out, the other back. Better timetables for me that way.

Yup just had a look at the timetable and there is only a few quid in it. No good for me though as Im a cheapskate and take the cheapest flight out and back ,and have to get up at some ungodly hour rolling eyes to get the transfer back...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy