Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hand Luggage on EasyJet

Poster: A snowHead
I'm flying to Lyon soon and have noticed EasyJet has no weight restriction on hand luggage. Therefore I'm planning to take my boots onboard. Has anyone else done this recently? My bootbag is easily within the volume quoted, but is not quite the same dimension specified by Easyjet...

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nuttyprofessor, they probably wont let you take your boot bag on board !
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wear your boots on board if you're worried about excess luggage. Should give everyone a laugh, tee hee. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If it fits in their little holder there will be no problem, but do you really want to carry round your bootbag. Stick the boots in your hold baggage, keeping it under 20kg of course and stick the displaced clothes in a backback that will squeeze into any shape required.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nuttyprofessor, Flying with Easyjet last year (from East Mids) they wouldn't let us carry on our boots. we had to check them in. On another Trip, Lufthansa also refused to let us carry our boots and then lost them during the transfer in Frankfurt. I had to have hire boots for a day until mine turned up, and no kidding my feet still bear the scars (bruised and eventaully lost toenails Shocked Shocked ). Dunno what the answer is, except that whenever possible I now drive to the resort, at least then when my luggage gets lost, I'm still with it! Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I flew easyjet before christmas and there was a chap on the plane who had no less than 4 bags. 2 of them appeared to be bin bags! His 'Hand' luggage and the 3 coats he was wearing took up one entire luggage compartment.

I've no idea how he got that past check in!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I wasn't allowed to take mine on as hand luggage, but they did check them in for me without counting them in the weight allowance, when I insisted that they were hand luggage. i think it's something to do with the potential to be an "offensive weapon" wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We had a strange experience at Newcastle airport last Winter when we flew with Easyjet. It was before they chared extra for the skis and had a 10kg 'sports equipment allowance'. We checked in as normal, and were told to take both skis and boots to the oversized baggage place. My boots were in the pockets either end of my holdall, so they could be checked in with everything else. Hubby's were in a boot bag, so they then tried to charge him excess baggage, even though our total baggage weight was well below the limit. Eventually they saw sense, and waived the charge. When hubby took his boots over to the large baggage belt, they laughed at him.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Elizabeth B, In my case they would have been more sensible to worry about my offensive socks. Shocked

(But the boot liners do get a bit whiffy too).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Goin out to Cham' in a couple of weeks time I'm intending to travel light, so was going to just pack spare clothes in the skibag and then have hand luggage only (6kg limit) - so was going to wear my (touring) boots on the plane (BA). Anyone think I'll have a problem with this?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GrahamN, Just don't wear your ski's Shocked
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm sure you would be OK as long as they fit in the "thingy" and that they are your only hand luggage
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I fitted my boots in my backpack (no idea how I managed) with only a bit sticking out, and they let them through as hand luggage.
(Stansted, mid-Dec 05)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
well done if you get your boots on as hand luggage. I've never managed it
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
As long as it doesn't look like a ski boot bag, how can they tell until you actually out it through the x-ray machine? I've now bought a Rossignol holdall which takes ski boots in the ena pockets. Plenty of room for kit in the middle pocket too.
snow report
halfhand, I got my touring boots in my backpack as handluggage on a Swiss flight last year, as I was making abortive attempts to get back the MWT on their purchace price. I'd not allowed for Swiss officaldom though and didn't have enough bits of paper signed in triplicate rolling eyes .
AxsMan, you mean the extra legroom they give you on BA won't allow for that Shocked Puzzled Laughing .
ski holidays
I have taken my ski boots on as hand luggage the last two times on Easy Jet. It is a plain black bag and i take no other hand luggage.
ski holidays
Helen, What Rossignol holdall do you have that can accommodate 2 ski boots plus extras?
snow report
Helen Beaumont, The problem is that when they spot the boots going through x-ray you will be forced to take them out, go back to check in and check them in. At least that's what Lufthansa did to me. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
latest report
I've had no problems with my boots in a boot bag (as my only piece of carry-on) for several trips. I put my was bag, etc in with them.
The nearest it got to being a problem was on a flight recently where we were on a very small aircraft, and I had to take one boot out of the bag just to get it into the overhead bin.
snow report
bnick, not as hand luggage though, this one or at least a similar one.
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Wear your boots on board if you're worried about excess luggage. Should give everyone a laugh, tee hee. Twisted Evil
I've worn ice climbing boots on flights before now - makes clumping through the airports a rather Herman Munster style affair.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy