Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marker Kingpins real brake widths.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So the Kingpins come in two brake widths either 75-100mm or 100-125mm. Can anyone lay their hands on a pair to measure up how accurate that is and if the is any room to move outside those widths. I have 107mm and 90mm skis and am wondering if I can get away with just one set of brakes and if so which one? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm away for a few days but I'm back in my shop on Thurs so can measure my stock bindings then. The one thing you need to avoid is having to bend the levers as it's very easy to adversely effect how the levers lock up in the retracted position.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks spyderjon thats good to know as I was thinking the smaller brakes bent out slightly might be the best solution.

I'm torn between the Kingpins and the Radical2 at the moment and maybe the brakes will be the thing to help me decide - i think the Radical2 in a 105mm would cover both skis easily?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
torquil wrote:
......i think the Radical2 in a 105mm would cover both skis easily?

Correct. And it has a rotary toe Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@torquil, Kingpin brake widths are as follows:

75-100mm size: 97mm deployed & 81mm retracted
&
100-125mm size: 126mm deployed & 110mm retracted

Dimensions given are the internal span between the 'elbows' of the levers.

The wider brake at 110mm width retracted is going to be too wide for your 90mm skis so you're going to need two sets of brakes if you're Quiver Killering one pair of bindings across both skis.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As ever spyderjon you are the rare font of accurate ski tech knowledge! That might have me sold on the new Radicals too… thank-you.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy