Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel Les Arcs to Arabba

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It looks like in this season coming, I will be in Les Arcs for the week before the S12BB. Which means I need to find a decent way to get from one to the other on the Saturday. I appreciate there are bigger problems in the world, but if anyone has any good suggestions then I'd welcome them. My best option so far looks like a bus transfer to Geneva, then hop on the optimistically named Darwin Airline to Venice and join the late afternoon Dolomitistars coach to Arabba. All doable, but I thought I'd ask the collective wisdom of sH's for any other suggestions. I won't be driving down to Les Arcs so taking the car on from one to the other is not an option. Thanks in advance for any input.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@SteveM, Might be worth dropping pamw a PM. She might be able to help.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
geepee wrote:
@SteveM, Might be worth dropping pamw a PM. She might be able to help.

Just checked the BB thread and she's not booked on yet. But it's still early.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@SteveM, You could try the train from BsM to Chambery, then the express from Chambery to Milan and the next express from Milan to Bozen. From there you will need to take a bus to Arrabs. I drove from Les Arcs to Misurina once. It took almost all day and was a really tiring drive.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry, not going to the BB this season. Have driven the last two years and yes. It's a long way!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all. @johnE, the online SNCF probably will not show the train option up for booking until mid-Oct so I suspect the current timetables cannot be relied on, but if I try for 12 Dec then it looks like arrival in Milan just before 14:00 and then the train from there to Bolzano seems to arrive by about 19:30, I am not sure I want to be searching for a bus at that time on a Sat night.

Currently looks like the Darwin airline option ....
I worry about them a bit as the recent articles are all about discontinuing flights with no notice Shocked

I suppose in fact I have time in theory to fly back from GVA to LGW, turn around in LGW to VCE, but that does seem like a waste - there may be an alternative "low cost" and faster turnaround point if I had to do it. Will see what skyscanner says.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Train BStM - Geneva (change Chambery), plane Geneva - Milan or Venice, night train Milan or Venice - Bolzano/Bozen, bus from Bolzano/Bozen - Arabba. Simples.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@RattytheSnowRat, Why get the train to Geneva, then fly to Milan? Simply get off the train at Chambery and catch the Paris - Milan express. Except it isn't exactly an express over that section.

John
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I drove from the BB last year to Courchevel and it *is* a long way...not that that helps the OP in any way. Soz... rolling eyes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's a long way but a perfectly manageable drive in a (not too long) day. The drive into Arabba from the west (which was not feasible the first year I did it because all the passes were closed) is spectacularly beautiful, too.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hitch hike? I did it once when the hire car broke down. Had a wonderful day traversing the Alps. Only got scared once when a 'lady of a certain age' picked me up and clearly wanted more than a chat......
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
Hitch hike?

Thanks for all the suggestions again, including the last one Very Happy
But I can't see the discussion between me and the wife going well if I tell her I propose to hitch from LA to Arabba - regardless of any mention of ladies of a certain age Cool

Darwin it is, methinks.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Only got scared once when a 'lady of a certain age' picked me up and clearly wanted more than a chat......

delusions of grandeur?? Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Only got scared once when a 'lady of a certain age' picked me up and clearly wanted more than a chat......

Was it a contribution towards the fuel?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy