Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kevin in Soll

Poster: A snowHead
Comedy Gold
enjoy Smile

http://youtube.com/v/85AHvpGTkdU
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Brilliant!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I want to know how the last guy off the lift gets on after the video stops...... Doesn't look god Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some people just aren't meant to ski !!!
When my wife was learning she had a "John in Kitzbuhel" character in her class who was about 20 years old and out of a class of 8, 6 of whom where ladies of varying middle to old age was by far the worst and equally as clumsy as Kevin, especially getting of the lift at the top of the "Horn" where he wiped out the entire class as they were waiting in line for him. It was comical. He didn't appear again the next day after that.
Also interesting to see the access chairlift in Soll compared to todays Gondola.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Speaking as someone who first clambered onto skis in the late eighties I found that rather nostalgic.

Actually what it really reminded me of was the amount of laughter there was in a group of beginners. I don`t think I`ve ever laughed as much in my life. Brilliant !
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah i think its so funny as we have all been there!
I'm glad no one was making a documentary when i was trying to get off the button lift on my first trip Smile
Pure quality , cant help wondering if Kevin ever took to the skiing or does he realise the joy he brought to the world with this clip
Ive watched this about 5 times and its still killing me
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@hawkwind, The whole programme is well worth watching (available in 7 parts on YouTube)

http://youtube.com/v/kk56EXtY84I

http://youtube.com/v/8f_svoSBC0w

http://youtube.com/v/uGVVkXsc1sg

http://youtube.com/v/pzAn3RYpazk

http://youtube.com/v/9yXCPm1kjE0

http://youtube.com/v/AP76Arhvepg

http://youtube.com/v/KG2H4Qp__8o

Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
KEVIN!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
One of the funniest things ive ever seen on the internet is Kevin.
Thanks for the whole doc , some of the other chaps are a bit dry on the Wengen Downhill racers but that package holiday group are just superb , Kevin is quality , the clip of him getting off the button is outrageous with the tongue in cheek commentary and the carnage happening behind as he's blocking the exit , he only utters a few words but the man is a comedic genius.
The BBC should show this as a prelude to Ski Sunday!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
as an aside, I seem to remember TV being a bit sharper and better resolition than that, then? why such poor quality?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would imagine its someones VHS or Betamax then converted
You would need the master tapes to improve the quality
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Punter overload. snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@under a new name, I guess it's down to the person who uploaded it to YouTube.

There have been better quality DVD copies of the programme distributed amongst the snowHeads community, see this old thread: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=1482&highlight=dvd&start=360
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Glad so many people found it as funny as i have.
If anyone has the DVD or a link to dropbox etc , i would be very appreciative.
Watched the YouTube but was poor through Chromecast and want the whole family to see it
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@hawkwind, send me a PM with your address and I'll burn you a DVD copy. snowHead
latest report
Nice one , Sending now Smile
snow report
Been posted on here a few times. Thanks for reposting
ski holidays
Cheered me up no end last night. But where is Kevin now? Tightrope walking? BASE jumping? And how come Maureen passed her test by stopping at each gate? Must have been timed-out, surely? Smile
latest report
Wow, that was a real blast from the past.
Thanks for reposting. It's the first time I've seen it since it was originally shown on TV.
It is funny now but at the time was inspirational. Difficult to see in the program now but scenery shown was stunning at the time.
My wife and I watched the original program and it was the trigger that sparked our interest in seeing the Alps and inspired us to take our first ski holiday with our children. I didn't realise then that it would turn into a lifetimes obsession. If we hadn't have seen that program then I doubt that we would ever have gone skiing.
It also gave us the assurance that if people as uncoordinated as Kevin could do it then we would be Ok.
I still have a "gold" medal from winning the ski school class slalom at the end of my first week's lessons.
snow conditions
Where are they now? I am positive I haven't seen them on the slopes over the last few years and I assume they would have stood out!
ski holidays
I found the funniest bit was the woman who failed to get off.
snow report
@henzerani, I guess I missed that bit. "Getting off" in most ski resorts is perhaps not that difficult.

I'd seen bits of it before in 1987. I'm not a reality TV fan.

Was anyone here in it?
latest report
philwig wrote:
Was anyone here in it?

I'm Kevin.

[/Spartacus]
ski holidays
I'm Kevin and so's my wife
latest report
I'm Kevin
snow conditions
jonty wrote:
Speaking as someone who first clambered onto skis in the late eighties I found that rather nostalgic.

Actually what it really reminded me of was the amount of laughter there was in a group of beginners. I don`t think I`ve ever laughed as much in my life. Brilliant !

Me too!!! I had hair just like the woman in blue, and a marvellous set of Rodeo ski gear from C&A. I learnt in about 1988 I think. Was not as useless as our Kev though.

I remember those ski pass machines where if you had your pass round your neck, it used to smack you in the face LOL

I wonder if that woman in the vid is still dong endless circuits on that chairlift Laughing
ski holidays
hawkwind wrote:
Comedy Gold
enjoy Smile

http://youtube.com/v/85AHvpGTkdU

Reminds me of a snow heads bash after a rough night Happy
snow report
After (like Kevin) skiing since 1988, I can still only aspire to ski as well as he did then...Embarassed Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The "Kevin" in my first ski class was Charlie, we all decided to have a go over a little jump at the side of the piste, we all snowploughed halfway down then went for it, half staying up, half falling with Charlie being last to go, he was poling it from the top!!!, cue a whole ski school group moving to the side of his trajectory, wondering if he would land before the trees. needless to say it was messy with his legs buckling as he hit the take off but he lived to ski away once the various items of his kit had been retrieved.
Andorra 1986, the lift system was hopeless, the skis were worn out, the boots were agony but god it was FUN!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
I remembe when this appeared on the TV .. on some holiday program ..
If my memmory serves me .. there were two landladies from Blackpool.

Lets watch and see
snow report
@Alastair Pink, Thanks , arrived today Smile looking forward to watching at the weekend.
latest report
Interesting to see how many of the learners in the video are not wearing their gloves but instead have them clipped onto their jacket, where if anything they stand a greater chance of being lost. My other half says beginners often feel very hot because of all the effort they are having to put in. I kind of get that if you are being made to side step up a learners slope, and you do often see steamed up goggles.

When I abandoned my first ski class in Andorra I can remember noticing that my skis had a piece of wire pointing sort of downwards and felt this would slow me down. So I carefully bent the bits of wire upwards till they were parallel with the top sheet of the ski. It was some time later that I learned the bits of wire are the ski brake that should stop a ski running away if it comes off. Embarassed Still an explanation from the instructor about the equipment wouldn't have gone amiss so perhaps not my fault. (Cough)
ski holidays
@andy1234, I still feel pretty hot when I ski. I think I work far too hard/crap technique!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy