Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving Jobs 2015.16

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys

If this is not allowed on here then please delete it.

Not sure quite where to put this but we are recruiting for drivers for the winter season based in Les Gets in France, the problem is that we don't want the usual seasonal crowd so are looking for a more mature person. I'm sure some of you have been toying with doing a season so here is your chance to DO ONE.

Basically to appease the Swiss you need to have or be prepared to get the following certificates/letters/qualifications.

Proof of 2 seasons worth of professional driving (does not have to be passenger transportation or in the Alps)

A Category D or D1 license OR

A Valid Drivers CPC card (with certificates) or a recent ROSPA advanced driving course
or be prepared to take this qualification whilst back in the UK

In either case you must also be able to provide a UK or french clean criminal records check.

You will need to be presentable, mature and have a great customer service record. Experience in driving in the Alps would be a bonus and a good knowledge of the area would also be beneficial.

We offer a competitive package with contracts from 2 to 5 days per week, a ski pass and the possibility of lodgement.

Please email me for further information info@skitransfers.com, post in this topic or PM me

Regards

Andy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Andy,

Just to be clear, I imagine you will be looking for people with a full D1 / D licence category rather than a UK driver who passed before '97 and has a 'grandfather rights' D1. The grand father rights D1 have a restriction of 'not for gain' use that the French enforce very strictly.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@emwmarine, I have D1 and D1E 'grandfathered' but they have the codes:-

101 - not for hire or reward
119 - weight limit for vehicle does not apply

I assume that these codes are the same throughout Europe and the Gendarmerie will know exactly what they mean. I had never paid any attention to them before but I'd never had too. Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can just do the RoSPA qualification - quickest and easiest method as the OP says.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi

Sadly grandfather rights do not cut it with the Swiss as we are working for hire and reward. The ROSPA Course is an accepted qualification as is a simple drivers CPC course (passenger or freight ironically) or proof of professional driving I.e if your job involves driving passengers, freight or even working driving vehicles.

Actually having a valid D or D1 avoids all of the above.

Anyone interested in a season in the alps please contact me.

Andy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy