Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski service

Poster: A snowHead
new to snowheads so sorry if this is set up wrong or something...Just wondering if anyone knows somewhere good to get skis serviced? would prefer around Wiltshire, or somewhere with collection/ delivery would also be good. I need to get 4 pairs done (not all for me unfortunately!!) so would need to be relatively cheap, but I do want really good quality (I want to keep that new ski feeling for as long as possible!) Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to Snowheads.

I'm guessing the contradiction in your post is deterring replies - you want really good quality, but you want it cheap. Doesn't happen.

For what it's worth, I've just got skis back from Snowhead Spyderjon - Jon Coster at The Piste Office.com. Price depends on what needs done, but top quality is a given.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Where in Wiltshire?, not that it matters as there are no ski servicing options for miles (and miles). Buy your own tools and learn to do it yourself (via The Piste Office as stated above) as I did/do. The cost of tools and wax etc would be similar to to shipping/driving skis to nearest store which could be S&R or Ellis Brigham at Bristol, Snowtrax (I think it is) at Christchurch near Bournemouth.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd have to agree with @Tom Doc.

@idratherbeontheslopes, I guess you'll find that - as with anything in life - the price pretty much always reflects the quality of service/goods.

However, Jon's prices (he's @Spyderjon on this forum) are more than reasonable, yet the quality of his workmanship can't be beat.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all, I don't really know too much about what price would be reasonable, but I was hoping to get them all done for about £200. I have actually done my own before, but with 4 pairs of skis to do, it's a pretty big job, so I thought I'd look into getting them done. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@idratherbeontheslopes, Welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

As others have said, Jon is your man:

http://www.thepisteoffice.com/

He's based near Nottingham, but if you can make the journey (either to leave the skis for him to do, or go on one of his courses) it's well worth it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@idratherbeontheslopes, depending which side of the county you are I got my skis services at Snowtrax - near Hurn (north of Bournemouth).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You could get them done in resort or do you need them doing for use in the UK?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Getting them done in a resort does sound good but I'm arriving in the resort about 10 in the morning and I want to be on the slopes asap Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ski on them when you get there, drop them off end of day for morning pickup
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Little Martin wrote:

+1
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yup, maybe just use a rub on wax for the first afternoon, or good old Zardoz Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@idratherbeontheslopes, welcome to Snowheads! Very Happy
Ski Bartlett are perhaps a bit closer/more convenient for you than Nottingham. They're near Jct4 of the M4.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ok thank everyone, these all sound really great, I will look into them...does anyone have any opinions on any of these too: edge and wax, lockwoods or Swindon ski service? They all come up when I search but I don't know if they're any good Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Layne wrote:
Little Martin wrote:

+1

Another +1.

You will probably be late and have a bit of a pfaff, you won't have your ski legs in so probably won't notice.

However, getting a session in with spyderjon at the piste office would be good longer term for your wallet and your ski's.
snow conditions
Edge and Wax are good guys but spyderjon is a notch above. If you can get to him in person it is worth it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy