Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Madonna Di Campiglio Apres

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We are looking at heading to MdC (been to Selva and Corvara last couple of years and loved them). Après is not a major thing for us but we like a couple just as we come off the slopes...anyone any advice on places? we will be staying at Hotel Dahu - anyone stayed there and have any tips? thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are some nice bars around the main square. We normally head down there after we've had a quick beer at the hotel we stay in so we can drop off our skis and head there. The one we use is the Suisse and has a very nice atmosphere, sometimes hard to find a seat; quite genteel.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are booked for what will be our third season in a row to MdC. We being, my wife, 2 boys (4 & 6) & I.

We may be enjoying a different type of après than what you are after but a couple of bars that we like are:

Bar l'Abruzzo - not in the centre but close to the hotel we stay at. We like it, maybe not everyone's choice but always a good crowd of locals. the staff were good enough to put the 6 nations Italy v Ireland game on the TV for us (and accepted defeat graciously) They serve snacks & as with most places we have been to in Italy, the boys were always welcome!

Caffe Dolomiti - very small but very good. Nice atmosphere & maybe the best burgers in the Dolomites!! It's near the Belvedere, same building I think but upstairs. Really like this place. Did I say it was small!!

Stube de Franz Josef - I think that's the name of it, downstairs beside Hotel Majestic. Cosy & a nice atmosphere. Nice wooden booths which are good if there is a group of you. Good service, although the 3 places I've mentioned all have good service & friendly staff.

As I said, we are a family who pop in with our boys for a couple of beers in the late afternoon or early evening. So maybe looking for something different to yourselves. These 3 bars are favourites with ourselves. There are others at the bottom of Groste & Spinale lifts/runs. At Groste you have Bar Jumper. On bluebird days it gets busy in the afternoons. There is an outdoor bar normally with a dj playing dance music - not my thing but it attracts a big crowd. At the base of Spinale there is a bar, name is escaping me at the minute. Again if it's good weather the terrace can get very busy & it can be a good place for people watching. Although sometimes I have to look away as you just know some people are going to slip & slide on the hill down towards the Audi Ice Drivinf experience!!

Hope you enjoy Madonna Di Campiglio. We love it & can't wait to go back!!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for the Bar/Caffe Dolomiti -- great Peroni on draught and it's not far from the Dahu, down the hill past hotel Diane, and turn left at the hotel Alpina. The Franz Josef is further down
the hill and in the pedestrianised area next to the Majestic hotel which has a piano bar - not the cheapest place in town, we also a couple of ether bars , the names of which
escape me at the moment. The Dolomiti was my prefered option-- it helped that it was next door to the Alpina, where we stayed and they also showed the rugby.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Go to a bar where you can sit outside. People and dog watching being the major sport in Madonna.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks very much for your replies. Really appreciate it
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kendoddsdadsdogsdead wrote:
We are booked for what will be our third season in a row to MdC. We being, my wife, 2 boys (4 & 6) & I.

We may be enjoying a different type of après than what you are after but a couple of bars that we like are:

Bar l'Abruzzo - not in the centre but close to the hotel we stay at. We like it, maybe not everyone's choice but always a good crowd of locals. the staff were good enough to put the 6 nations Italy v Ireland game on the TV for us (and accepted defeat graciously) They serve snacks & as with most places we have been to in Italy, the boys were always welcome!

Caffe Dolomiti - very small but very good. Nice atmosphere & maybe the best burgers in the Dolomites!! It's near the Belvedere, same building I think but upstairs. Really like this place. Did I say it was small!!

Stube de Franz Josef - I think that's the name of it, downstairs beside Hotel Majestic. Cosy & a nice atmosphere. Nice wooden booths which are good if there is a group of you. Good service, although the 3 places I've mentioned all have good service & friendly staff.

As I said, we are a family who pop in with our boys for a couple of beers in the late afternoon or early evening. So maybe looking for something different to yourselves. These 3 bars are favourites with ourselves. There are others at the bottom of Groste & Spinale lifts/runs. At Groste you have Bar Jumper. On bluebird days it gets busy in the afternoons. There is an outdoor bar normally with a dj playing dance music - not my thing but it attracts a big crowd. At the base of Spinale there is a bar, name is escaping me at the minute. Again if it's good weather the terrace can get very busy & it can be a good place for people watching. Although sometimes I have to look away as you just know some people are going to slip & slide on the hill down towards the Audi Ice Drivinf experience!!

Hope you enjoy Madonna Di Campiglio. We love it & can't wait to go back!!!

+1
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy