Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Greatest Slalom Run Ever?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just in from the pub (seriously) and played back last night's women's World Cup slalom from Zagreb, Croatia.

Janica Kostelic was 8th after the first run, seemingly out of contention in front of her noisy home crowd. She pushed hard out of the start gate and (wait for it)...... immediately lost both her right glove and ski pole! Surely, I thought, even with this much ale inside me, she can't make it down 54 gates of a sheet ice slalom course. No glove, spring loaded poles, no pole plant on one side, crikey. Commentator, John Clark, got a little excited as she proceded to blitz down the course and beat the previous skier by over a second. Phenominal stuff. She was in obvious pain at the bottom as her bare cold hand had taken a beating and she rushed off for attention. The crowd, needless to say, were going mad. Skiers 7,6,5,4 and 3 all tried hard to get inside the time but couldn't (despite some really good performances) and only the two Austrians that had led the first run managed to pip her into 3rd place.

Apart from what I was attempting in the bar tonight Embarassed , this has to be the greatest against-all-odds performance I've ever seen.

Anyone else see it?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No didn't see it but Stenmark's second run charges are pretty legendary...before my time but i'm sure some of the guys on this board will be able to tell you about it. Think he used to some from say, 12th to go on and win races.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
not quite the same, but didn't Perman (sp) Zurbriggen win an Olympic or World Championships medal skiing with one pole ? Maybe not quite so difficult, but still pretty impressive. It would have been a while ago, so maybe the old memory is letting me down here.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jake, remember the Stenmark charge very well. I believe he still holds the record for the biggest winning margin... nearly 4 seconds! Anyway, I didn't see last night either but was told about it today by someone getting very excited about it - punching slalom poles bare handed at full tilt! Ouch. Hopefully good old C4 will show it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I saw it. Very impressive. Demonstrated real commitment. Truly above and beyond stuff. Had to be, as it was in front of her home crowd. Certainly proved you don't need poles to do gates well. Bet she missed the guard and glove though Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I saw it too. Brilliant - and I couldn't believe she held on to her lead for so long Shocked . God knows what her time would have been if she had been perfectly balanced and not in pain.

Oh, and I bet no-one ever says to her "stop being such a girlie!" Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy