Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2015-16

Poster: A snowHead
Snowed down to 2,300 yesterday, that will be gone soon, but the fresh up top will probably hang around so time to kick this thread off for another year.

Season and annual passes now on sale with a discount of 12.5% if you buy before the end of September. Annual deal not as good as previous, you now only get six days in Chamonix and Aosta valley respectively and you're limited to one day per week.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
and no 1 day in Flaine, the thermal baths at Saillon used to give a free day, now it's just a 10chf discount.
Pretty crap really...we bought it but are not impressed.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thursday's snowfall was quite significant and the air has stayed cool, so I think we now have a base above 2,500m. Rumour is that the snow cannon have been turning at lac des vaux and it looks like we may be on for a 31st October opening if nothing bizarre happens with the weather.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No October skiing for us sadly. Téléverbier reporting that 40cm was needed on Wednesday night to open tomorrow and we only got just over 5 at altitude.

Looking a bit warm for the snow cannon over the next week too.

Never mind, glorious weekend of hiking in magical Autumn colours under clear blue skies coming up.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not opening this weekend 😫 Sunday could have been a sensational opening day...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hopefully a good weekend/week of snowfall will see verbier and or cham open up next weekend!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No lifts this weekend, but about 70cm at 1800 yesterday. Went for a stroll in lovely light, fluffy snow. Temperatures plummeted as forecast overnight and it's been snowing down to the valley floor all night.

More due throughout the week. Next weekend will be fabulous.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
70cm ummmmm that's like 9" being this long ..........

22cm in my garden at 1900m....

As the temperature drop to -17 up top last night the snow stopped but should have allowed the snow cannons to blow on the pisted areas, but didn't see any blowing???
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
From the V4V Facebook page: She's here and it is our pleasure!! # wehavesnow #welovesnow
As promised, here is a small point of the situation of our ski area.
More than 70 inches of fresh snow fell to attelas, 40 cm to ruinettes and between 25 and 30 cm in station. The winds were tempêtueux these last few nights which led to the formation of snow storm on the top of the field!
The temperatures announced for the week to come are cold, which will allow us to work with the optimal way snowmaking on a good part of our tracks.
A point on the situation will be done this Tuesday in order to decide on the date of opening, which will take place either in the middle of week or for the weekend of 28 November.
Stay connected on our page Verbier 4Vallées to be the first to know.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lifts are open every day from Friday. Initially lac des vaux, attelas to Ruinettes and la Chaux. More opening as snow conditions allow.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A friend of mine there I spoke to today said it had been heaving down with snow all day!
Lifts open on friday, as per normal Verbier gets up and running before almost all the other high profile resorts.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Anyone skiing tomorrow? Thinking of heading up to test out the new knee
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Beautiful opening day - more pics here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2794807#2794807

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Attelas couloirs today. More pics here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=121954&highlight=

latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is Verbier likely to open any more pistes soon?
snow report
^^ Their facebook page said that more will be opening at the weekend, without saying what exactly.
snow report
I think there's a fair chance the jumbo will open. My Fort will depend upon the state of the glacier.

Means it will be possible to get into the gentianes, whether it's skiable is another matter.....
latest report
Mt Fort confirmed as open and Le Pasay in Bruson and Le Nord in Savolyeres.
snow conditions
Are Medran I and II open?
snow report
@fuego, if you mean the runs into the village they are not, but have been skied.
latest report
If anyone's in verbier this week, any chance of an update on conditions as I coming out for a few days next Sunday. Thanks in advance
ski holidays
@fuego, holding up very well. A few bare patches starting to appear and the weekend crowds meant that it got a bit firm in places, but there's plenty of skiing and still some nice chalky off piste on north facing slopes.

Although not officially open we're skiing down to Carrefour on great snow and pick up the bus from there (after a cheeky beer!).
ski holidays
Whoa there.... Check out the crevasses on Mont Fort. Looks like they've been hungry over the Summer.... More pics here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2800760#2800760

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 7-12-15 18:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Never seen Mont Fort is such shape on the Mont Fort opening day. But I suppose that after summer that we had it was to be expected. By the end of July there was literally not a drop of snow on it, just grey ice. Oh well, now that this box is ticked I will avoid it until snow arrives. My knees are still hurting and frankly it wasn't worth it.
snow report
Nice on Mont Gele today. More here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2801499#2801499

snow conditions
@BobinCH, bloody love that hill snowHead
snow report
Any new snow last night/today? How are conditions?
ski holidays
They report 10 cm, pictures that I saw looked nice. Not sure how long it will last, but maybe tomorrow will be still worth going. But it will be warm.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Went for a blast with Logan yesterday afternoon and the pistes were in great condition following the top up on Wednesday. Crazy warm though and Spring like slush on the south facing stuff by 15:00. Should still be good this weekend but if it stays warm and the masses arrive next week might be time to get the bike back out Sad
latest report
After a two week break with only a couple of cm, I was really surprised today. Pistes great.

That is alli am going to say for the next two weeks. Apparently the Portes du Soleil are miles better. Go there.
ski holidays
Ha ha ...PDS IS PANTS by comparison.
Just spent a wonderful day in verbier today, 10 x better than PDS on sat 19, 20 & 21.
We had rain all day where as Verbier had 2cm snow, a dusting at nthe cable car.
We left PDS at 8am with4ºC on the car at1500....9 am at cable showing 0....
Left at 4:30 with 4 º on car and arrived back, an hour later 7 º......
They cant make snow above 3 so the swiss side is working hard to move ice around to keep links open.....
At least in Verbier we could ski without ice or slush and apart for some stones after 2pm on some links we didn, t find grass or soil,,....
Although we stayed at verbier side, not sure of what the "Tour" itinerary routes w oould be like we stayed high to enjoy wide pistes without ice and rocks.
snow report
@noisey, glad to hear you got a good day on the slopes. Been worried about you sitting in the bar all day at Champery wink
snow report
Making regular 1 hour commute to Verbier now...
Had a really good day today, had a fab picnic out in the sunshine, warm enough just in T shirts...and still great pistes up above les ruinettes.
My son and I left the wife in a cafe terrace sunning herself whilst we had a great blast around, catching as many reds as poss while most were luncheon ing....
Although we dropped a little too low on below to almost verbier village, just a few stones but lots of ice balls .
Great telling verbier holiday makers how lucky they are whilst they moan about conditions on the chair lifts...
May try a itinerary tomorow, although we will leave the wife in a cafe again..
latest report
Much better conditions than I expected...on piste.
Off looks OFF, i.e. don't go there.

On piste=99% coverage, icy to start, soft to finish.

But....busy, very busy....I guess a lot of people day-tripping here instead of other places that have a lot less snow
ski holidays
Verbier piste is OKish but full of OK skiers, skiing on the absolute limit of their speed ability. Chassoure is terrible once reach first ridge after main bit. Main bit is OK if you're a good skier. Gentian is unskiable. Greppon link is seriously dodgy and why would you go that way anyway. Not good, rocks everywhere. Three core shot skis in a week. Hire skis if you coming, don't use your own.
ski holidays
Great day yesterday on what is usually the single busiest day of the year in Verbier.

We had a great afternoon enjoying a BBQ just off the piste in La Chaux with Steve Sparks and a few others...thanks a lot Steve & Annie, that will be a highlight of the season no matter how much snow we eventually get.

We all agree that Televerbier have done an incredible job given the very uncooperative weather.
Almost every piste is open, and open with full coverage, despite the large numbers of skiers...and the lift queues have been manageable too.
I know there s a lot to moan about, weather wise, but there are nothing but compliments to be paid to Televerbier...chapeau!
ski holidays
Nice 10cm top up on the Verbier pistes this morning accompanied by blue skies, sunshine and a distinctly chilly feel to the air. Clouds rolling in now. Bring on the great storm. Snorkels at the ready!
snow conditions
Aww @Rungsp, that's very kind of you. Lovely to see you and Sue X
snow report
Currently snowing again in Verbier, expecting a decent amount to fall so should be some nice skiing in the morning.
latest report
It was real good in Bruson. More here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=122784&highlight=

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy