Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dalbello NX innovex 6.6 Boot adjustments help needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've posted else-where re my tips wavering. Am starting to convince myself that my apparent "weight back" can be corrected with some adjustments to my boots. I have to admit that (after two seasons ski-ing) I thought the back knob had just two settings, "walk" and "soft". Have now found a very obscure red lettering which says "hard" I've never noticed this before and, consequently, have never used it ! Am I correct in assuming that this is for less hinge flex and could help out in forward weighting. Any tips from other users on these particular boots or general most welcome.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@edgy1, Dunno about your boots, but generally softer boots are better for ankle flex than stiffer ones ......
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
66%? of your mass is above your waist your, weight distribution problem is more likely a body position issue than the boots, hard/soft/walk modes allow the boot to flex forward more/less so really having it softer would help your weight being forward more, basically it's not the problem and if you haven't noticed you need it on hard it fits very well with you not having enough weight forward and not pressuring them very much, which also fits with wavering ski tips.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The boots are a 10yo beginner model, they are unlikely to be too stiff even on the "hard" setting, why not try the different settings and see how they feel.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A good pair of custom made foot beds may help IF poor alignment is making it hard to get the right stance - and they will be a good investment for when you get more advanced boots, however as Geeo says it may be just down to practice and technique - everybody's weight is/was too far back when learning but good foot beds can still help
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@edgy1, it could be a number of things that are causing the problems
boots too soft
boots too stiff
lack of support (footbeds)
calf muscle size
technique
limited range of motion at your ankle joint which could be magnified by boots too soft
too much forward lean (body lead back to compensate)
to upright boot (body too far back in boot to begin with)

with the age and spec of the boot, if you are looking to progress and sort the problem i would kill two birds with one stone, find a good local boot fitter and work with them to get yourself in a better position in the right boot for your body structure, weight and ability

soft boots will allow more ankle flex, but if that range of motion in your ankle is limited you WILL need a stiffer boot to allow pressure to be transmitted to the ski before you run out of range of motion

hope that helps
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy