Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine - Le Viking HELP !!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello People,

I am new to this site so be gentle with me. I have just booked our first Skiing trip for 2 years and have decided to go to Morzine, Le Viking.
I know that the hotel is situated out of town, this in itself is not a problem. really I am looking for some reassurance....
I am now panicking. Does anyone know this hotel, and the Nanny service they offer?? Are they OK.
Many thanks for ANY words of wisdom.

Bye for now

J
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jo75, Welcome to snowHead . I have not stayed at Le Viking, but I know that it is at the top of the cable car in Morzine. The Hotel is in a great position with excellent views, and lifts at the door. I would consider this hotel, if I was looking to stay in Morzine.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Went there many years ago, just after it opened. Can't remember too much about it, days of drinking more than skiing.
We had a snow problem, there wasn't any. So what had been a great idea of first on the slopes became a nightmare. Had to catch
the cable car down, then bus over to Avoriaz, then cable car up. Things have changed, I think there's a direct lift to Avoriaz now.
It had a pool half indoor and half outdoor. Nanny service was not on our list of priorities. Would think slim.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cymru am Byth, Yes, but expecting snow in June was a bit daft ! (PS - Where u been , knobbling our team?)

jo75, Yes, everyone who has been to Morzine knows the hotel. The only issue with its location is that you can not go clubbing to the wee hours (unless you are happy with the first lift of the day to go home) ... all nannying in that area is good. More Brits in the area than in London.

You didn't say when you are travelling ....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
eEvans, Keeping a low profile. Having pinned my whatsit emphatically in saying that we're going to be champions again, the injury (and cheating scottish barristers) gods are conspiring against us. We won last season with our centres, now we have a great big hole!!!! Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
eEvans, Went in January. The snow everywhere was poor so everyone aimed for Avoriaz. Having to cable car and bus to an enormous queue to cable up to Avoriaz was really offputting. There was also a two hour queue to cable off the mountain at the end of the day. We caught a helicopter down one trip, just to the bottom, he wouldn't take us to the Viking on the other mountain. Turned into my most liquid trip for those reasons.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jo75, the hotel looks nice although I've never stayed in it. Nice bar though.

If the snow's good you'll be ski in and out. When you going? The snow right now is excellent as my resident contacts do not cease telling me.

You are at the top of Pleney mountain though so limited evening opportunities. I believe there's a nightime cable car schedule though for hotel residents only.

No idea on nannies, but it's mainly operated to by a French family oriented package company so I would guess it'll be OK.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hello People,

Thanks for the replies. We are going on the 14th Feb -- During half term -- Possible bad idea anyway night life not a prob as we have a baby so early nights are the norm at the mo.
I am just a little worried about going with baby - Hope he will be well cared for.

Anyway thanks again

Bye for now

J
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jo75, Hi Jo, check out http://www.skiline.co.uk/datailpages/chaletDetail.asp?chaletID=1455

I think you'll be fine. Have a great holiday (and let us know how you got on!)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jo75, Hope you have a good week, we are going to the same hotel the week after you and will be using the nanny service. Crystal nannies have been good when we have used them, so you should have no worries there. Crystal transfers can be a hassle sometimes though while you wait for other flights so be prepared with the baby.

We were in Les Gets last year and saw the hotel when we were ski ing in that area.

The snow looks good at the moment so we both should be ok.

We have deliberately picked this hotel because it is not in the town, kids and night life do not always mix - oh how sad does that sound!

Hope you have a great time
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chrisb, jo75, Hi there. Did you go to the Viking? I'm thinking of booking it in mid March for a group of families. Would you recommend it? It's a mixed group of families, ranging from beginner to very advanced, what do you think?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
StanBowles, Yes we were there and had a really good week. It was good for us because of the following:

1. Childcare for 2 and 5 year old in house
2. Children's high tea with child care while we ate our main meal
3. Ski in and out close to the BASS meeting point
4. Food was pretty good for a Crystal chalet hotel and the staff were well motivated and happy to help
5. Rooms were fine - i.e. clean. Nothing fancy but just about big enough for the four of us

You would not like it if

1. You want to ski in Avoriaz - it is on the other side of the valley and would take ages to get to
2. Your children are older and want to see more of the things in the town
3. You do not want to be trapped up the mountain (although the gondola works to quite late - 2am I think on some nights). When you get off the transfer bus you get the cable car up to the hotel, cars cannot reach it. The Crystal staff organise your bags up the hill while you eat your eveing meal. So make sure that you have your outside coats and some hang luggage as your main bag will take a couple of hours to find you. Crystal do not tell you this when you book, but it is ok if you are prepared.

As a family we are going back to the ski area again this year, but staying in Les Gets (where we stayed 2 years ago). Le Viking was already booked for the week we are going (child care that is), but if it had been available we would have gone again this season.

Hope that helps and have a good time wherever you go
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy