Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christmas Holidays solo skier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I'm looking to join a group for a week or so in between 11th Dec and 3rd Jan
29 y/o primary school teacher, Intermediate/advanced skier, happy to ski anything and anywhere!
Please do give me a shout if you can buddy up Happy
Thanks
Ian
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Singlesport is going to St Christoph (st Anton) 19 December for a week. We have advanced skiers your age.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Ian,
I booked Christmas week in Chamonix, staying at UCPA. Check out my post " Chamonix - Christmas week at UCPA - looking for skiing companions". Want to join me? It's a budget option, but very good value for money, and best option to improve your skiing via lessons....
Best wishes,
Sol.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@toskilatedec2014, Chalet Chardons - Tignes France
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi sol
This sounds very fitting!
Don't think there are spaces left for chgamonux though. Have you heard of any more openings there?
Thanks
Ian
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Ian,
I'm not sure about the availability of other chalets or hotels in Chamonix for Christmas week, but UCPA still sells holidays for that week, though I'm not sure if you want to go with UCPA or are looking for something more upmarket. but it would be great to meet on the slopes...
Check out the link:
http://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/activities/search-results?SearchActivity=1&Resort=Chamonix&Month=12&TwinRoomOnly=0

Let us know what you find.

Best wishes,
Sol.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Did you manage to book anything? I'm 30 year old bloke also looking for a cheap week between the 19th Dec and 3rd Jan. Would probably consider myself an early intermediate, reasonably happy on most reds and look to ski all day.

Have looked at the UCPA site but (possibly down to using Chrome or my internet connection) am finding it a pain to navigate.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@SnoodyMcFlude, try Action Outdoors' site
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@SnoodyMcFlude, google Chalet Chardons for their website. Chilled out place in Tignes Brev. Easy access to equipment, the chair lift and a sports bar
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pam w, Ideal, thanks. Have had a look and definitely an option if I a)have enough money and b) can't convince a mate to join me (seems there are plenty of 2 for 1 lift pass deals about which make some of the package options look startling value)

@1969jma, Thanks looks like a decent deal, but still comes in a bit more than some of the other options that I've seen, e.g the Action Outdoors is about £650 all in but includes lessons (which I've never actually had)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
650 all in but you have to book your own transport.

Have gone for the val D'isere new year's week and getting the bus. Anyone else also going there with ucpa that week?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
toskilatedec2014 wrote:
650 all in but you have to book your own transport.

Well, you need to actually book the flights, but I've made an allowance for that in the price. £443 basic, plus £50 transfer that they put on, plus £150 for flights (more than enough from my quick look on Skyscanner earlier).

www.action-outdoors.co.uk/holiday/cart?ActivityID=12075
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@SnoodyMcFlude, beware the cost of transfers. I think UCPA do some but when my daughter and boyfriend went they travelled by coach from London as it was much cheaper.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:
@SnoodyMcFlude, beware the cost of transfers. I think UCPA do some but when my daughter and boyfriend went they travelled by coach from London as it was much cheaper.

Thanks for the heads up. The transfer thing seems straightforward enough though:

Quote:
Geneva Shared Transfer

Shared transfer from Geneva Airport direct to Chamonix.
To meet our standard transfer you must book your flight to match:
Arrival in Geneva between 07:00 and 21:55
Departure from Geneva between 09:30 and 22:00
If your flight times are outside these limits we may need to charge a little extra for you to useour transfer partner. Or you would be free to book your transfer yourself with another transfer company.
Normal journey time around 1hr15. We will send you a link a few weeks before your trip for you to enter your flight details. We schedule minibuses to pick you up - we plan to have a maximum wait of 1 hr for pickups, very often it is much less.

They also do a coach from London for £165...but I'll happily pay the extra to avoid coaches, being 6ft and 17st makes them a bit of an uncomfortable prospect, even EasyJet are better!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy