Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NEW TO SNOWHEADS- Saint Gervais help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello there!

New to snow heads but after some searching I thought it would be a good idea to get the answers to some of my questions on here with the vast amount of skiers!

I have booked to be in Saint Gervais on the 28th December and was I wondering what areas/resorts are the best if I only have 5 days of skiing? How much snow could I expect for around this time of year? and lastly, I went to Chamonix last year over new year and it was pretty busy at times, should I expect the same at Saint Gervais with it being a smaller resort?

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@stewartrae9, welcome to Snowheads snowHead What type of skiing are you looking for/how experienced are you? St Gervais has a good variety over a pretty big area in the whole domain, so something for most, I'd suggest. New Year is early in the season and St G isn't the highest resort, but all being equal you could be OK. The town itself is very nice with a real life all year round, not just as a ski resort - shops, bars, cafes etc.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@stewartrae9, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead All resorts are busy at New Year - about the busiest time of the year. The people in your accommodation should be able to give you some good advice on the areas which might be less busy. St Gervais would be a great town to be in at New Year - it's a lovely place, proper town as @Anniepen, said (and happy birthday, Anniepen).

If you fancy travelling a bit, Les Contamines is pretty near, and the snow is generally about the best around - stay above the "Signal" restaurant at the top of the gondola if it's a bit thin lower down.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@stewartrae9,

Welcome

You should be fine that week although conditions were (unusually) a bit thin last season. With 5 days there is plenty to do in the linked areas of St G, St Nicholas and Megeve/Combloux.
Favourite areas for me are around Croix de Christ, Princess but you'll find plenty of stuff to do. Much as I like Les Contamines (see my signature) with 5 days I wouldn't bother driving up unless snow is in short supply (because as Pam says, snow will almost certainly be better there).

BTW - there is a specific board for resort reviews/questions etc which you may find useful for more info
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@stewartrae9, welcome to snowHeads. Can't help on St Gervais though.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are three separate areas in the Megeve/St Gervais liftpass area, plus Les Contamines if you buy the bigger area pass, so there is little likelihood of running out of skiing in those 5 days. That is assuming the snow is decent, which can be a risk at that time of year due to their altitude. That said, they are fairly grassy so don't need so much snow to be open.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you very much for the help and the info! Really appreciate it!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy