Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Aqua Sports Costume for Ladies?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I`d guess this is a somewhat unusual request, but if any Snowheads can recommend a swimming costume with good bra support for water aerobics I would be very grateful.

As part of rehab necessary to compensate for knackered hip ligaments I have to really strengthen certain muscle groups with non load bearing exercise. About a year down the line of aqua aerobics, several hour long sessions a week, I am noticing real benefits, but I am struggling to find suitable swimwear particularly as I am now progressing to more vigorous exercises.

Anyone know makes of costume that last well and give really good support? (And before any of the males start to comment, yes I guess it could be viewed as a humourous problem Laughing so as well as any jokes serious input would be appreciated )

Thank you
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@CaravanSkier, Freya do an active range which might suit you . http://www.freyalingerie.com/active/swim.aspx
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've er... never really needed bra support Embarassed but always used Speedo costumes when I used to race. They are definitely designed so that everything stays in place when you're moving about.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you @Hells Bells, I shall look through those!

@Scarlet, I never needed to for racing, or diving etc, but aqua aerobic poses particular difficulties even for those (me!) not particularly well endowed rolling eyes Laughing Normal costumes just do not do that which is required for comfort Laughing My classmates have various solutions such as wearing a bikini top under the costume, getting a size too small, or just not doing some of the exercises very vigorously, all of which seem ridiculous!

Maybe there is a gap in the market?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@CaravanSkier, any chance you could wear a decent sports bra and an aerobics/running vest thing over the top? I can sympathise with the problem.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@CaravanSkier, bravissimo have a selection of supportive sporty swimsuits:
http://www.bravissimo.com/products/swimwear/sports-swimwear/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Gämsbock, That looks interesting, thank you.

@pam w, thank you. I thought about those options but classmates tell me you have to be aware of 'drag' ie the non swim wear item absorbing or holding water and interfering with the exercise. I looked at what triathletes wear but it seems crop tops are the popular choice and I really would not like to be seen in public is one Laughing Also the chlorine really does destroy many materials very quickly, especially elastics.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have you looked on Land's End? They do a big range with lots of optons. I have one- very robust and good quality
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@CaravanSkier, tbh I've never really thought about it before! My only experience of aqua aerobics are those they do in holiday resorts, though I suspect you are talking about something a bit more vigorous than exercise you can still do with a cocktail in one hand!

Anything not designed as swimwear will likely be uncomfortable as it (and you) move around as it won't hold its shape. Racing cossies are often high on the neck and sides, and either zip up or cross over at the back, so I struggle to see how you could fall out of one, but maybe I am not fully understanding your problem. But anyway, as a sports swimwear company, I would have expected someone like Speedo or Adidas to have something suitable?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have a speedo underwired sporty suit bought from bravissimo and would definately recommend. I am how shall we say..... not the smallest on top and find it very supportive and comfortable.. I have also in the past had a zoggs one but for me the speedo gives better support and comfort.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Scarlet, Its not a question of falling out of a costume but rather one of support and comfort, as you rightly say 'proper' swimwear will spare your blushes. However I have struggled to find one in smaller cup sizes that offers really good support. I like the idea of water sports with a cocktail in one hand, sadly the closest I get is my instructor telling me not to spill the imaginary g&t balanced on my knee during a lower leg rotation Laughing

@lynnecha, Indeed several of my costumes do come from Lands End and they have been amongst the best so far but they are very expensive and still not ideal.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Cat66, I shall look at those. Thank you
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@CaravanSkier,

I used to swim a lot and still do some water exercise. I am also fairly busty so spend a lot of time hunting for the perfect suit.

Suits with Lycra (AKA elastane or spandex) often don't last long in chlorinated water and saunas destroy them very quickly. Speedo and Zoggs are the best I have found. However, they are stretchier so it's easier to get a good fit.

The non-Lycra suits (usually called something like 'endurance') don't stretch so much. It means it's harder to get a good fit but if you do, then they are more supportive. They last for ages. All the main manufacturers make costumes that will do what you want but finding them stocked anywhere is tricky. John Lewis tend to keep some sensible suits in their sports section, and Wiggle have a massive choice but it's a pain hunting though to find the right one.

As for style, a high back is best for support, with a built in bra. U-shaped backs are no good. If you can find them cross back straps are much easier to get on. This is my current favourite http://www.johnlewis.com/zoggs-brisbane-x-back-swimsuit-black-pink/p2057339.

HTH
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy