Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotest introductory training

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been thinking (dangerous thing that!) over the last few weeks about where I'm heading with skiing, and although my medium term goal is to get the BASI L3, longer term I know the Eurotest is probably going to be the biggest challenge I face. With that in mind I'm realising if I want to reach that standard I should probably start working towards it sooner rather than leaving it till later.

As I've got no racing experience, I'm thinking perhaps a good first step would be to get myself on an introduction to racing course with an instructor/Eurotest emphasis. Perhaps I'll love it and find I look awesome in a cat suit and then the decision to pursue it more seriously would be easy. Perhaps I'll hate it and so shelve that idea and save myself years of expense, worry and pain. Either way I'll know better what I want to do.

So, am I crazy to be even considering this before I've got my L3 qualifications?

Any recommendations for who to talk to about courses? JJC and Podium seem to be main two, and perhaps Snoworks too.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@kieranm, I did a Phil Smith course as an intro, and then some more training for the the old Aosta test. Get to it, nothing to loose.

PS. You don't need a suit to start with, unless you really want to Wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kieranm, I was speaking to @skimottaret at the weekend who reminded me there's a race club at Hemel on a Monday night - 8-10pm, I think. He made the point that it's a much cheaper way to get a taster of racing without going to the expense of a full course abroad.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kieranm wrote:
Perhaps I'll love it and find I look awesome in a cat suit

When you're fit enough to look awesome in a catsuit, you're probably halfway there Cool .
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Maireadoconnor, yes that's something I've considered especially as I'd be able to complete the log book for my UKCP coach L1. Slightly tricky to fit that in on a regular basis around work, family and gym who are all competing for my time, but working on it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@kieranm, tell me about it! I'm not as far along the path as you are (still shadowing for L1), but I've got similar questions for myself about how much time I can spend, how much I want to do, how much I can realistically expect to achieve, etc.

I was thinking of going along one Monday to give it a go. We could try to go together so that we're not the only new person there!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Learning to race will improve your technique dramatically. Hemel has already be mentioned. There is also Milton Keynes not far from you. And if you are man enough to do it on plastic and want a cheaper option, Norwich Ipswich and Midland (Birmingham) all have active race clubs and are not that far away. There is also Bassingbourne quite close, but I'm not sure of the current situation there.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy