Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

On piste/carver/race orientated ski advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As stated above I'm looking at a new solely piste orientated ski. Looking for something with roughly 16-18m radius as I plan to do level 3 ski exams on them. Currently my first choice is the Fischer RC4 World Cup RC, which I have demoed.

Does anyone have any recommendations of similar/alternative skis?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What is your height, weight, current ability?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My stepson (currently in NZ doing his level 3 ISIA) is positively ecstatic about his 14/15 Head Supershap Titans. Like most youngsters on skis over the last few years, he's favoured twin tips and fatties all in the 90mm plus bracket with an 18m plus radius.. He's now saying the Titans are the best skis he's ever had (as in...provided by his dad and shipped to NZ "on loan" 😉 to assist him in his endeavours to get to the next level). He's about 5ft 10 and a slim build-my guess is about 11 stone. Good deals still available online for a new pair. Think they are around the 170cm length. Perfect for super fast carved turns.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Check out the Atomic Redster GS.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Perty wrote:
My stepson (currently in NZ doing his level 3 ISIA) is positively ecstatic about his 14/15 Head Supershap Titans. Like most youngsters on skis over the last few years, he's favoured twin tips and fatties all in the 90mm plus bracket with an 18m plus radius.. He's now saying the Titans are the best skis he's ever had (as in...provided by his dad and shipped to NZ "on loan" 😉 to assist him in his endeavours to get to the next level). He's about 5ft 10 and a slim build-my guess is about 11 stone. Good deals still available online for a new pair. Think they are around the 170cm length. Perfect for super fast carved turns.

Ive had the Titans for a couple of year, amazing ski.

I think though for the OP, if you were going for any of the supershape range i'd go for the Magnums - They are 100% piste orientated (Titans 90/10) and hold ssooooo well at speed
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I bought a pair of Magnums for doing my L1 when I planned on doing it at the Snowdome. I tried them out at Braehead and found them to be superb. They felt 'alive' under my feet and made me ski like an expert. When I decided to do the L1 at Hillend I felt I could not subject the Magnums to Hillend as I did not want to ruin them on the matting. I bought a cheap pair of Head Icons for the course and after looking at the bases today after 5 days on Hillend I'm glad I did.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gaza wrote:
I bought a pair of Magnums for doing my L1 when I planned on doing it at the Snowdome. I tried them out at Braehead and found them to be superb. They felt 'alive' under my feet and made me ski like an expert. When I decided to do the L1 at Hillend I felt I could not subject the Magnums to Hillend as I did not want to ruin them on the matting. I bought a cheap pair of Head Icons for the course and after looking at the bases today after 5 days on Hillend I'm glad I did.

Alive is a great way to describe any ski in the supershape series Happy - you get out what you put in and boy do they come alive Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I currently ski a similar ski to the Titan and was looking for something a bit narrower with a longer radius as I have been advised that level 3 requires a longer radius. I'm 5'10" and 10 stone
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It will be hard to find a narrow waist and larger radius.

Have a look here for some recommendations - https://www.basi.org.uk/content/technical-faqs.aspx
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you ski the titan and want longer radius and skinnier waist then surely you want some gs skis,

head rebels, 65-68 waist 23-32m radius
atomic redster 72 waist 15-18m radius
volkl uvo gs 70 waist 18-20m radius
rossignol hero master 70 waist 18m radius
rossignol hero FIS 65 waist 27-35m radius

Plus what the others I cant be bothered checking sell, plenty of options though
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy