Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap hotels? Use Google Maps, not Booking.com

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been looking for hotels in St. Anton & Ischgl.

Searched on Booking.com first, which was helpful, but then I looked on Google Maps and hit the "Search nearby: Hotels…" link. This brought up many more hotels, including many, many smaller ones that were not on Booking.com.

I guess that they are too small & cheap, and don't want to pay the Booking.com fee.

Google Maps will not show you the availability etc., so you have to contact the hotel direct.

But I was amazed at how many very reasonably priced hotels turned-up in good locations near the lifts etc.

There. Hope that tip helps!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah main problem is that smaller places who lack online booking can be a pain in the back bottom at getting back to you if they are full or don't like emailing in English etc.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dave of the Marmottes, I seem to be doing OK at the moment, got a lot of replies, but that is mostly likely because they have not taken too many booking so far.

And today I've emailed a few who don't have an English option on their website, so let's see if they can be bothered to reply.

But there is a big upside of some accommodation being bad at marketing themselves, and that is that there are gems to be found which are good, clean, near the lifts and cheap!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Use google translate to contact them.
Not perfect but i tend to use the translate and the english pasted below.
Also a handy extension on chrome to translate the webpages
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just a heads up as to how this all works.
Google identifies a hotel by magic. Then you can let them know it is yours and complete a business listing for it (which is free).
This will create a 'profile' on the map and ID a property as a hotel.
Then if a hotel uses booking or HRS or some other online agents then the magic continues.
The map will offer to quote using your check-in and out dates. These are powered by an online agent like those mentioned above.
If you see a displayed price on the map then this has been farmed from one of the online agents and displayed automatically but is only a price based on the availability on the day you are looking at the map.

So if no beds are available on the day you look there will be no price and the displayed price could be quite different from a price in season.
....see it's all magic!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy