Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Long Term Ski Storage in Switzerland

Poster: A snowHead
This winter we will be skiing in Zermatt, and plan on making a return visit the following season. Has anyone ever found a way to leave their equipment either at the resort or nearby, perhaps Tasch, Visp or Brig? Even Geneva is an option but that will most likely be more. We won't be able to book our return visit until a bit closer in, so we cannot guarantee we will stay at the same apartment or hotel. All suggestions appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hotel ski rooms usually quite accommodating over a few weeks gap but I don't know season to season. Talk to your hotelier?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maybe try a ski shop, service plus store until next year!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks all. My dilemma is that I will be unable to commit to a plan for the following year, so I am reluctant to make an arrangement with a hotel or apartment. A ski shop - that is a possibility we will look into once we are there. Cheers.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@JohnnyC, self store options do exist - oddly enough you could try the postal service. Or google it...probably eye wateringly expensive though... cheaper to take them home with you.

why are you asking anyway? seems like a crazy idea if you're only over here for a couple of weeks.

A friend of mine used to kindly store seasonal workers skis in his loft. "Sure, I'll be back next year, can you hold onto them for me please?" - didn't buy a set of skis for many years...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Check if they have a public locker in resort that you can rent. I have year around ski-boot locker in Verbier, one pair of skis live there permanently as well as my both pairs of boots and helmet. Very convenient on the first day of the season when we already have plenty stuff to take to the resort and I know that I have pair of skis waiting for me right by the ski lift.

In Geneva there is a little ski shop call Penseyres Sports, not far from the train station, I used to drop skis for service there at the end of the season and collect it in November - they close for summer anyway. Maybe worth checking if they can keep your skis for a year or so (you will need to use their service though) - 0227329834.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Excellent idea, never summer. As to why - we are US based, and may have quite a lot of luggage from an extended European stay on our follow-up trip, and would rather not lug our skis around any more than necessary.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@JohnnyC, I hate a to ask a dumb question, why don't you just hire some gear when you get here ?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Old thread, but perhaps an update would be useful for anyone with the same question.

There is a company called GenevaSkiStorage that, as the name implies, store your skis for you in Geneva. Drop off and pick up is incredibly easy and quick so it avoids having to fly with them. I’ve used them for three years now and think they are brilliant. It’s also very reasonable and cheaper (for me at least) than paying to fly with skis.

Http://Www.genevaskistorage.com
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Blackblade wrote:
Old thread, but perhaps an update would be useful for anyone with the same question.

There is a company called GenevaSkiStorage that, as the name implies, store your skis for you in Geneva. Drop off and pick up is incredibly easy and quick so it avoids having to fly with them. I’ve used them for three years now and think they are brilliant. It’s also very reasonable and cheaper (for me at least) than paying to fly with skis.

Http://Www.genevaskistorage.com

What a great idea! Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
It’s also very reasonable and cheaper (for me at least) than paying to fly with skis.
An initially appealing service - but there's an extra £14.99 to pay every time they meet you at the terminal with your skis.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I can offer the same service to SH for free for anyone driving past Vevey
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@BobinCH, have you been reading the old post by @under a new name ??

Seems a great idea!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
It’s also very reasonable and cheaper (for me at least) than paying to fly with skis.
An initially appealing service - but there's an extra £14.99 to pay every time they meet you at the terminal with your skis.

You don't think you should pay for their time?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
holidayloverxx wrote:
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

I don't think he's saying that - but is pointing out that there's a 20% (of the annual fee) delivery charge on top, which I hadn't spotted. rolling eyes
ski holidays
It’s what 50 quid on EasyJet for sports equipment or less? The meet and greet fee seems reasonable
snow report
Quote:
Ehhhh?? Laughing I'm saying that one could easily beled to believe that one was getting one's skis stored for an all-in cost of £74 a year - which is the headline statement on the website after all - and could therefore assume that that cost was paying for the time, as well as anything else involved in providing the service.

How could anyone know there was any time element involved? For all we know, the skis could have been stored in a self-service locker in the terminal.

I see they clean skis each time they are stored. There's undoubtedly a time element involved in that - but they aren't charging a supplement wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy