Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Clusaz / Aravis Ski Area????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for cheap option for next Easter and La Clusaz have a 5 day pass for around 162 Euros
They also sell a Aravis pass for 172 Euros

I goggled Aravis and it mentioned a few other places ie:Saint-Jean-de-Sixt , but on goggle maps Saint-Jean-de-Sixt seems to be miles from any slopes. So im cofused what you are getting for the extra 10 Euros

thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe that's why it's so cheap?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Aravis pass will include Le Grand Bornand as well.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've stayed in Saint-Jean-de-Sixt, it's pretty well placed to access the pistes at either La Clusaz or Grand Bornand if you don't mind a short journey by car or bus at the beginning/end of the day. I think the local skiing there is all nordique rather than alpine.

The pistes are split into two distinct areas La Clusaz and Grand Bornand, you get between the two on a bus and the extra 10 euros extends the pass for the use of Grand Bornand. It's well worth the minimal extra. This is a really nice ski area and worth a visit if you get the chance
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
St Jean de Sixt is a very pleasant little town on a junction where if you drive 5 miles one way you get to La Clusaz, and 5 miles the other way you get to Le Grand Bornand. There are I think 2 drag lifts for beginners there, but no other Alpine. However the Aravis pass gets you all of La Clusaz and all of Le Grand Bornand. It's a great skiing area with some fabulous views and the towns are lovely and unspoilt and French and lived-in.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've stayed twice at Le Grand Bornand with a friend who has a chalet there, buying the Aravis Pass so we can also go across to La Clusaz. Le Grand Bornand is much smaller than La Clusaz and I was a bit dubious being used to large French resorts but enjoyed my visits there. It's got a nice relaxed feel about it, mainly French, very few Brits, pretty quiet on the slopes and much cheaper than say 3V, though I wasn't there at peak time. Some terrific local skiers appear when it snows and the local ski club seems to have quite a racing heritage with some French national team members. La Clusaz has plenty of skiing of its own for a 5 day visit but if you fancy something different for a day I think Le Grand Bornand is worth a visit and the additional 10 Euros. If you go a nice reasonably priced place for lunch is at the top of the Terres Rouge chair.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Im not the best skier and my son has only 1 week experience so La Clusaz and Grand Bornand seem ideal option . Especially as it close so Geneva and Ski hire/Lift passes are very cheap.
The only thing that possible puts me off is its not the hightest resort in the world ,so worried about the snow cover over Easter .
Ill probably book the flights and book the accommodation last minute just incase

thanks to nearly everyone for their help
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Easter can be risky pretty much anywhere - however the last area to close will be La Balme at Clusaz.
We prefer the Grand Bornand side and the Maroly area will be the last to close there - easiest access is from Chinaillon (where we tend to stay) as the run down into Grand Bornand itself is usually hit first by poor snow.

We'll be back there at Christmas - less than 5 months 'til we go Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

The only thing that possible puts me off is its not the hightest resort in the world ,so worried about the snow cover over Easter .

Ill probably book the flights and book the accommodation last minute just incase

Makes sense - you could always stay on to the next junction and go to Les Contamines if the snow is iffy at La Clusaz. Has an good Easter snow record
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Stay in St Jean De Sixt (although nowt happens there) as it is the cheapest place and is directly between the two resorts (G-Bo and La Clusaz), G-bo has, I think good variety for learners ( loads of greens and blues to get the old confidence up) to advanced (even expert free ride stuff).

It seems to be one of the cheaper resorts, ski pass wise especially with the pound so strong (2015)

G-bo also has some big fast modern lifts, some cool off pisting for beginners below the lift at St-annes, right at the back of the resort.

And for a day off there is the stunning lake and town of Annecy

And at g-bo there is a snack bar behind le Tremplin ski hire which has the best burgers on the slopes for only €5 (have it avec reblochon of course)

They are really good at keeping the slopes skiable especially if you go from the Le Grand Bornand side.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy