Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Really cheap mini season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for some ideas and advice from the collective knowledge of Snowheads!

I'm wanting to do a short ski season next winter - mid Jan to mid March, so 9-10 weeks total.

There'll be me and my boyfriend. I've skied for years and mainly want off piste and touring. My boyfriend has never skied, I'll be teaching him. I think he'll learn pretty fast and soon be into the touring too. So we'll want plenty of easyish local touring, easy access off piste and decent enough easy pistes for him to learn.

The catch is cost... looking for as cheap accommodation and lift pass as possible. Absolutely fine with it being a small resort as long as it's nice, cheap and friendly. We won't be working.

So, where in Europe has the cheapest season pass & short-long-term accommodation?!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Will you have your own transport? If so, that frees you up to live outside resort, reducing costs dramatically.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Grand Massif (Flaine etc) has a good value season pass but France might not be the cheapest for those dates as they include the 4 peak French school holiday weeks.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I second the Grand Massif suggestion. I think the season pass, if you buy before mid December, is about 440€. If you have a car, (which would seem essential for a trip that long) you could look at accommodation in one of the satellite villages or towns. Wherever you go, I would think for best value, you need to be prepared to stay a little way from the slopes.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mont Blanc Evasion is also a good value pass. I think there's an "off peak" version too, cheaper, but don't know what it includes. Miranda is an expert on that one, and it might be easier to find quiet corners in those peak weeks than in the Grand Massif.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

So, where in Europe has the cheapest season pass & short-long-term accommodation?!

Slovenia, Slovakia, Bulgaria.

I would go to Jasna in Slovakia

France is not 'cheap'
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd forget about the lift pass absolute cost - you're only looking at a variation of 200-300 Euro for most places (except for the mega resorts) and focus on good accomodation. The trick there if you have transport is finding valley locations away from "resorts" and making a short drive every day to access.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for suggestions everyone.

We will be driving out, so yes will have transport.

It seems that lift pass prices are roughly the same everywhere outside of the big resorts, so I guess location will be mainly dependent on accommodation. Any ideas on how/where to find reasonably priced accom for a couple of months? In the valley is fine as long as it's not too far to drive each day - don't want to end up offsetting savings on accom with petrol! Not too fussed whether it's a shared house or our own apartment as long as we've got a kitchen etc.

I can only seem to find listings for 5 month long full season rentals in the main resorts.

Cheers!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://livetheseason.com/

Have a selection of season accom. Good luck - sounds like fun!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It might be worth choosing a few resorts and then emailing their Office du Tourisme. They usually have good contacts with local owners and agencies, and know who might be more interested in a long rental with a discount. You may find that some private owners like the idea of a single rental for 10 weeks rather than having to coordinate 8-10 separate bookings. But you'll need to move fast, as the 2 weeks of half term get booked early - in our case, we had 2015-16 Christmas, New Year and half term fortnight already booked by the end of June this year.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have you looked at Airbnb.com?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pezza26 wrote:
Have you looked at Airbnb.com?

+1.

For our trip next winter we've gone down this route and found it excellent.
There've not been many suggestions for Austria, but that is where we're headed for our trip - loads of resorts (and depending where you site yourself there are often options for skiing in many of them in the one trip).

We also found the accommodation to be cheaper (than france)...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ski Amade?

Might not be the cheapest, but it is very good value. Especially if you have transport as the lift pass covers a huge area (not all linked). There are also a lot of Snowheads native/regular visitors so you can get some local advice/friendly guiding while you are there.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.loftbourg.com/

How about staying in BSM?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy