Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow arrives in Chile - in bucket loads

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After a very dry winter at the ski resorts in South America, the snow's finally arrived - about 1.5 m in many resorts. And Portillo in Chile is opening this weekend.

For more: http://www.skiportillo.com/?lang=en
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looking at Chile for Sept. What are conditions usually like at this time? I can't get there in July/August...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@wiigman, difficult to say at the moment, was there in late August - mid September 2011 and some days were cold and others warm and spring-like but there was plenty of snow. I'll be there from 18 August - 05 September this year.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Valle Nevado opened Jun 10.

Been totally puking down. Around 200-300cm...

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Whitegold, yes, it's been a great start this year, way better than last year when most places opened late.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Kelskii, Sounds awesome. Any thoughts on the cheapest way to ski Chile? Direct flights? Best resorts?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chile posts were from the start of the season months ago Langers Utd - it's spring there now and the end of the season is in sight.

Don't think there are any direct flights - we went MAN >Frankfurt >Santiago.

We did an organised tour in 2005 with a brilliant US company called Casatours. Prices at the time were reasonable (great value) - but have since rocketed... rolling eyes

We skied at the 3 Valleys resorts near Santiago, plus Termas De Chillan. After that we skied at Portillo - went there under our own steam. All worth a visit.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mountainaddict, Thank you for the pointers, I appreciate the info. I might think about a trip next season.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Langers Utd, BA will be flying direct to Santiago next year,looks like 6 times per week, only the Saturday flights are connecting through Sao Paulo or Madrid. The cheapest way would be a connecting flight, Check Skyscanner or other websites. I'm looking at a Chile trip myself for next August.

@Kelskii, how did your trip go? what places did you visit? I know it got very warm in September
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@dbeatski, That's very useful, thank you for letting me know.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy