Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

improvement camps in europe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I am a single skier looking for a weeks ski improvement course in Europe in early January 2016, with accommodation, food, and teaching all included. I have had a sniff around and the warren smith academy or snowskool seem to be okay but i wondered if there were any other alternatives or better options i should consider.

I skied a bit as a child, but then swapped to snowboarding for the last 15 years, but last trip I swapped back and had 3 days skiing and am going to stick with it (mainly for the goal of ski touring in a few years times, I don't trust split boards), so many of the alternative camps seem aimed at a higher level of skier than I am currently. I can parallel turn and 'draw pencil lines' mostly the whole way throughout the turn minus a little at the end, but still struggle controlling speed when doing this on steeper dark blues/blacks (west coast Canadian) and wouldn't actively hunt out blacks or harder like I would on a board.

I wanted to get all my technique dialed in before i started any bad habits, but there doesn't seem too much around that would be a perfect fit. Ideally it would be teaching 4-5 hours a day for the week, with a few other people around and about that I could ski with outside of this time if there was an option where the people on the course stayed in the same place.

any suggestions or experiences greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a look at both UCPA/Action Outdoors (though their full winter offer is not posted yet for next season) and Inside Out Skiing, who may have dates to suit, not sure.

Club Med would be an option too if budget allows!

Or of course a snowheads bash - varied lesson options and loads of skiing partners! None are available yet for booking for next winter but have a read of threads in the Events section to get an idea of what's possible.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Inside out skiing might be able to help they run weeks through the winter season but also days through the summer at hemel indoor slope in the uk
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Bascadeo, why don't you check out our site http://siaaustria.com/clinics/

We offer beginner, improver and performance clinics on selected dates throughout the season. Our prices include 6 days training per week, half board 4* Hotel Accommodation and lift pass for the period.

Drop me a message at info@siaaustria.com or give us a call if you want a chat.

- SIA Austria
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Bascadeo, as @Little Martin said, we - Inside Out Skiing - are running the sort of camp that you might be interested in to the Brenta Dolomites region of Italy and will cater for your ability level, starting on 17 January. Six half day coaching sessions, video feedback every day and plenty of opportunity to ski with other people on the course outside of the coaching sessions.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@rob@rar, does it not count when I suggest Inside Out? rolling eyes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fixx wrote:
@rob@rar, does it not count when I suggest Inside Out? rolling eyes
It counts way more than when I recommend it wink Sorry I missed your name, I just skim read the thread and spotted the most recommendation so clicked on that name. I just thought I'd add a direct link to the course details on our website that the OP might be interested in - hope the Mods are OK with this.

Always pleased when people who have skied with us are happy to make a recommendation Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
May be of interest? Performance training / off piste / adventure throughout the season.

www.alpinecoachingsnowsports.net

Let me know if I can help

Pete
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy