Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any hotel recommendations in Sauze D'Oulz?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've tried a couple of places but they're fully booked for next Feb half term which makes me think the Tour Ops have got their claws into them. Looking for a decent 3 star hotel with good food.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've stayed in the Gran Baita http://www.granbaitasauze.it/. Clean, unfussy and the food wasn't bad. It's tucked out of the way so not affected by party central and still only a 10 minute walk uphill in ski boots to the Clotes lift; just right for loosening the muscles before a day's skiing Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@halfhand, +1.

A friend stayed there feb 2015 and recommends it highly
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We use the La Torre and can't recommend enough. However, I haven't checked availability so no idea if they have space.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Holiday Debili (sister hotel to the Savoia Debili) - on the main road a couple minutes walk to Clotes slopes. Décor is a bit dated and opposite Paddy Mc Gintys bar, but that didn't bother me....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well Gran Baita takes no direct bookings in February just Crystal etc. Will try the other 2.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stella Alpina is very good.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sauze is such an easy resort to self cater. Plenty of shops, with plenty of english speakers if your Italian isn't that strong! I've spent a number of years travelling there with my family and we've never had any trouble getting breakfast and dinner on the table! I know it takes your topic a bit sideways, but keep it in mind!
The resort is not too expensive on the restaurant front either.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you're struggling, down in Jouvencaux there is a fantastic B&B called Chalet Chez Nous (google it to see Trip Advisor etc) which we stay in every year. It's 10 yards away from a decent cheap pizzeria and Andrea the owner will run you up to Sauze where there are loads of restaurants any evening you want. Obv not quite what you are looking for but if you're struggling the main part of town then this could be a brilliant alternative.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Curzonian, You forgot to mention that Chez Nous is only a 5 minute walk, on the flat, to the Jouvanceaux chair.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@deerman, good point - and that, should you need them, Andrea, his brother and his father are all ski instructors...

(does this now look like we're an odd advertising double act)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We booked Holiday Debili in the end Because we're a large group (15) self catering is always hard to find.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Curzonian wrote:
@deerman, good point - and that, should you need them, Andrea, his brother and his father are all ski instructors...

(does this now look like we're an odd advertising double act)

I'm pretty sure it was Andreas father who took my brother under his wing for a week about 10 years ago. Little git is a beautiful skiier as a result!!
Lovely family though!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@letsgetpiste, Umberto? A great man - in his seventies, face like thunder if he's not up the mountain. They're great people.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy