Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl 2105/16

Poster: A snowHead
Opening Concert November 28th ... Supertramp

http://www.ischgl.com/de/enjoy/events/top-events/supertramp-eroeffnet-die-skisaison-201516_topevent221633
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Supertramp had to cancel due to illness.

Beach Boys will now open Ischgl.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not bad either Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thought both groups must all be dead by now...not to mention by 2105 Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mountainaddict wrote:
Thought both groups must all be dead by now...not to mention by 2105 Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Supertramp are still going because they had Breakfast in America and took the long way home.ccc

I'll get me coat Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Supertramp cancelled because one of their vocalists is undergoing treatment for cancer.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It is the original English (sound of supertramp) keybord player who has cancer.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Massive new Parking Lounge

http://youtube.com/v/kK1eBo7oehA

http://youtube.com/v/xLqSaQJLqmA
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well that's just put me off Ischgl.

Looks like a third rate 1950s Eastern Block housing scheme. Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For those that drive...no de-icing of the car needed at the end of the day Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
will the carpark at the silveretta bahn close now
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Peter S wrote:

No reason this should put you off Ischgl - unless you like staying on the 'wrong' side of the river. Looking at the plans I think the idea is that while it's multi-story on the road side it looks like it;s only the top story that's visible on the village side.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mjit wrote:
Peter S wrote:

No reason this should put you off Ischgl - unless you like staying on the 'wrong' side of the river. Looking at the plans I think the idea is that while it's multi-story on the road side it looks like it;s only the top story that's visible on the village side.

I agree, definitely one of the best resorts i've been to.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
When travelling along the road, this side of the road has never been particularly pretty regarding the view from the road. Last season it was full of building works and cranes, yet I didn't hear any complaints wink
snow conditions
Still no excuse for ugly monolithic development that will be there for the next 100 years.
snow conditions
Peter S wrote:
Still no excuse for ugly monolithic development that will be there for the next 100 years.

You are of course entitled to your opinion and can freely choose where you spend your winter holiday, however I think it is up to the people of Ischgl to decide what they want Happy
latest report
I would be amazed if the people of Ischgl are all in agreement about the sensitivity of this development.

Perhaps it will look better once it's finished wink
snow report
I cannot speak for all the people of Ischgl, but I imagine the whole community of people don't all hold hands and sing the praises of every planning application in the UK either?
latest report
Well, looking at the positives, more visitors will now be able to park their car out of the weather....... and Ischgl will have something in common with Preston.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Preston_bus_station_232-26.jpg snowHead
snow report
Only maybe in your imagination.
latest report
@mayr, it's pretty clear he doesn't want to visit the resort. Fine. One less person.
ski holidays
@nozawaonsen, Quite - If someone doesn't want to go to a ski resort because of how the car park looks, this isn't something I can help with Very Happy
ski holidays
mayr wrote:
@nozawaonsen, Quite - If someone doesn't want to go to a ski resort because of how the car park looks, this isn't something I can help with Very Happy

Top Haha!!
latest report
Regardless, still not the most aesthetically pleasing development for somewhere as picturesque as Ischgl rolling eyes - more in keeping with Flaine or the Eastern Bloc....(or Preston...).

Wouldn't put me off visiting (again) - but a bit surprising nonetheless.
latest report
So not just me then ?.....and I was bit rude to Preston. Sorry Embarassed
latest report
Meanwhile if you can drag yourself away from the car park this is what the snow currently looks like.

https://www.facebook.com/paznaun.ischgl/posts/10153798567680649
snow conditions
Not just Ischgl going for the Brutalist approach. Cairngorm want in on some of this retro action too
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-34651446
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I believe Ishgl is owned and managed by the local people , so I would have to say that the locals would have approved of this proposal Happy
snow report
@nozawaonsen, - finally some sense Smile I have never made a trip decision based on the beauty (or not) of a car park on the fringe of the resort. For anyone who hasn't been - one of the best on and off snow experiences in the Alps.
ski holidays
Dabber wrote:
I believe Ishgl is owned and managed by the local people , so I would have to say that the locals would have approved of this proposal Happy

There is not a single private house/residence in Ischgl.
Every building is registred as a business.
snow conditions
Arrived in Ischgl this afternoon with 2 friends, here until 26th
Looking forward to the first ski day of the season tomorrow
latest report
You will have fun I am sure.
snow conditions
@mayr, looks good on the webcams
Cold and sunny
ski holidays
Enjoyed last week with some nice fresh snow that appeared mid week, now on second week.
Went to See and Kappl today for a little ski just to see what they were like as I'd never been. Obviously there is a lot less snow than 'normal' but you can ski back to the village at both.
Some snow is forecast for tomorrow afternoon (30% chance apparently) so hopefully that will happen.
snow report
@VolklAttivaS5, have you succumbed to Burger King yet?
ski holidays
Really impressed with the piste conditions here. The ski instructor told me that they've invested heavily in snow making and piste management over the years. They've gotloads of top end€400k piste machines. The locals who own all the shares don't/can't take dividends so there's significant re-investment into the resort. Compare that to st. Anton where (according to the instructor) 52% is owned by an investment company who want a return on their investment. They've also got basins that naturally refill with mountain spring water all year round so they always have water for snowmaking.
snow conditions
Indeed they've been showing off their 10 new Prinoths.

http://youtube.com/v/tJOga5EsPAw
latest report
@notnats, agreed there may not be as much snow as normal but the pistes are lovely.
Skied in Galtur today it was pretty empty and the snow was really nice apart from the odd patch here and there.
Still better than most places I've skied though in the same circumstances.
snow report
I'm also in Ischgl and have also been impressed with the condition of the pistes. Was surprised at how good the red 80 run into Samnaun was! Spring like conditions this afternoon but still not too bad. Not sure if I'll bother skiing down further than the middle station tomorrow though, as the combination of ice and sugar snow isn't great.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy